Bank bags not opening consistantly - sometimes they just move to inventory - why?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snowdog, May 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snowdog

Snowdog Avatar

Problem - when opening bags from the bank vault, they move into my inventory, rather than just opening. I have to move them back to the bank then they open like normal. If I right-click on the bag, it will not give me the open option. So I double click to open and it moves the bag to my inventory then I can open it. Why?

This only happens sometimes, other times the bag will open normally without moving it from the bank vault to my inventory. And to top it off the action is inconsistent, it varies from bank to bank, sometimes it is worse. Some banks are more prone to move the bag rather than open it. Again why?

2. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

That occurs when the bag was placed into your bank from a different town than the one you are trying to access it from now. You'll notice the different town name to the right showing where you were when you placed it into your bank. If you click and drag the bag and drop it back into the bank, the location will update to your current location and it won't drop into your inventory when you open it.

This behavior is a weird legacy issue from when they went from separate banks per town to a consolidated bank that you could access from any town.

Snowdog, FrostII and Violet Ronso like this.
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I had the same question for so long. The reason is quite simple actually, You cannot open a container which is stored in another town's bank. A simple fix to this when you are in another town is to simply drag and drop your container from and to the bank window, which will convert it's bank location to the town you are currently in, and then you will be able to open it without pulling it to your inventory!

@Snowdog

FrostII and Anpu like this.
  4. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Jinks, you both said the same thing at the same time. Someone owes someone a beer.

5. Snowdog

Snowdog Avatar

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.