1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fix Needs Testing 69024 / 69047] Obs. Panopticon: Max the Middleman quest bugs/observations

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Echondas, May 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

05/01/2021 13:16
    Title: Obs. Panopticon: Max the Middleman quest bugs/observations
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details:
    - There is no blue quest marker for Max after delivering the package to Crispin and being tasked with returning the crumpled note.
    - When searching your pack for the "note" (I need to give Crispin's note to the middleman) it's not labelled in your inventory as a note, but instead searching for 'response' brings up the item name that is in runic? Not sure if that's intended. Also the new auto-add feature for quest turn ins that devilcult added doesn't automatically find the 'response' for you, you need to find it manually.
    - If the prisoners are sleeping, waking them up seems to reduce Courage virtue:
    The Oracle: I have witnessed your actions regarding your journey towards the nature of courage. What I have witnessed in general shows that you consider this virtue important. I have also witnessed the impact of a recent decision you have made: You decided your needs were more important than another's rest. How this will reflect on your exploration of this virtue is up to you.
    - There is no 'completion' Journal Entry after delivering the response to Max - I think there usually is one for most quests - but this could be because it's a repeatable quest, and completing it multiple times could lead to multiple journal entries unless there's a way to just add it the first time you do the repeatable quest?
    - Max the Middleman has no blue compass marker indicating his quest is now available again (next day) -- didn't check overworld, but guessing that needs a quest marker on the scene too.

Steps to Reproduce: Get the note from crispin, and observe no compass markers for Max to deliver it, and observe name of the item in your inventory. Observe the turn-in window doesn't automatically add the note. Talk to the Oracle after waking the prisoners to talk to them for this quest (need to ask them Name to find Crispin until you find the right prisoner, etc). Check your Knowledge Journal after completing the quest fully.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz (4) System RAM: 8073
    GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 GPU RAM: 2146
    SotA.Win.64.1382.Date.05.01.21
    Area: Mistrendur_R4_ObsidianPanopticon
    Area Display Name: The Obsidian Panopticon
    Loc: (-61.8, 21.0, -208.5)
    Debug: TWlzdHJlbmR1cl9SNF9PYnNpZGlhblBhbm9wdGljb258fCgtNjEuNzksIDIwLjk5LCAtMjA4LjUzMyl8KDAsIDAuNDA1LCAwLCAwLjkxNCl8LTE0MzEuMzY2fDE3LjA4MjU4fDQuMDc5OTg4

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    Anpu likes this.
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #69024

Echondas likes this.
  3. Sannio

Are you sure there's no compass marker? The appearance of the markers are affected by distance. You should see a marker on your compass that's small and faint NNE of Crispin. I can see the marker when I play through this quest.

It's intended that the reply notes are in Runic. Any book or letter with the main text in Runic also has its title in Runic. The concept here is that the prisoners are "encoding" their responses in the hopes that the notes can't be traced back to the writers.

The quest item filter not filling in with all cases is a known issue and DevilCult already has a separate bug for that. (However, it's working correctly for me, so either it's a sometimes-bug or it's already fixed.)

Waking any NPC anywhere in the game will reduce your Love score by a trivial amount. It's not specific to the Obsidian Panopticon.

Sometimes repeatable quests get a single entry along the lines of "If I come back tomorrow, I can do this again..." when you get to the repeatable stage. I can add one of those to this situation. Issue #69024

We don't usually add a compass marker when a daily quest is available again. However, there can be a different situation where a daily quest can start with you collecting a loot item, in which case you'll get a compass marker as soon as you collect that item.

Echondas and Anpu like this.
  4. Echondas

Thanks @Sannio - I will re-verify the compass marker not working for Max. As far as the compass marker for repeatable quests, I am used to seeing an Overworld compass marker on the scene itself indicating there's 'something to do' there, and then within the scene another compass marker to the quest giver - thanks for adding these to this quest also :)

5. Echondas

@Sannio I am seeing a compass marker for "Max" today for the Pernelle iteration of the quest but there is no task listed for it, just the Compass marker "max". I'm pretty sure I did not see them for Crispin or Rannveig - but I will need for the quest to reset to re-verify that.

[​IMG]

6. Sannio

Thanks for catching that. I see what I did wrong and I'll submit a fix soon. Issue #69047

Echondas likes this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

fix needs testing as of 1384

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.