1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 68938] Seer quest Sigrunn

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Thorin Strongarm, Apr 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thorin Strongarm

Thorin Strongarm Avatar

Sigrunn asked me to see three people and I saw them in this order, Pendo , Thibodeaux and Doctor Bob. They all recognized the quest and from my journal they were all removed. On my screen it still shows the talk to Doctor Bob quest as needing to be done. I go to the seer and she acknowleges that I have spoken to all three people but her quests to talk to all three people is still in my journal. I tell seer disappearance she responds but no rewards or additional information

Anpu likes this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Pendro will ask you an additional quest to find a Rune Bag for him before he can answer Sigrun's quest. Did you complete and return a Rune Bag to him? Just making sure.

3. Thorin Strongarm

Thorin Strongarm Avatar

Yes I did the run bag request

Anpu likes this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Last night I did do a complete run through of this quest on live following the sequence they posted and all the tasks and journal entries did complete correctly for me. There could have been some strange thing that possibly happened to this person. Not sure what though.

Just to be 100% sure @Thorin Strongarm when you speak to Dr. Bob you are correctly typing the word northern sky and then clicking on Sigrunn asks about the cosmos keywords?

Just wanted to be 100% sure.

[4/6/2021 9:20:48 PM] [9:20 PM] Ra: name
    [4/6/2021 9:20:48 PM] [9:20 PM] Doctor Bob: My name is Robert... but, well, I've done a lot of studying at university and everyone calls me "Doctor Bob."
    [4/6/2021 9:20:54 PM] [9:20 PM] Ra: My name is Ra
    [4/6/2021 9:20:54 PM] [9:20 PM] Doctor Bob: Well met, Ra.
    [4/6/2021 9:21:08 PM] [9:21 PM] Ra: northern sky
    [4/6/2021 9:21:08 PM] [9:21 PM] Doctor Bob: The northern sky? I'm not sure I understand. Could you be more specific?
    [4/6/2021 9:21:12 PM] [9:21 PM] Ra: Sigrunn asks about the cosmos.
    [4/6/2021 9:21:12 PM] [9:21 PM] Doctor Bob: She's concerned about Noreach, I take it? Well, the good news is that I recently checked my data and found no notable celestial events have been happening in the Noreach area, nor will they in the near future. As far as celestial disturbances, that little island sits in a fairly stable pocket of "cosmological calm."
    [4/6/2021 9:21:12 PM] [9:21 PM] I should tell Sigrunn what Doctor Bob said.
    [4/6/2021 9:21:28 PM] [9:21 PM] Ra: Goodbye
    [4/6/2021 9:21:28 PM] [9:21 PM] Doctor Bob: Farewell.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  5. Thorin Strongarm

Thorin Strongarm Avatar

Yes I got that response sequence, then I went to the seer in Noreach. I typed in disappearance and she acknowledged that I spoke to all three but it is still listed as a quest. Will go back to Seer and see what happens

Anpu likes this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Just to be sure, you have spoken to her about the 3 people she has asked for you to talk to:
    [4/6/2021 9:23:22 PM] [9:23 PM] Ra: Doctor Bob
    [4/6/2021 9:23:22 PM] [9:23 PM] Sigrunn: You spoke with Doctor Bob... but he said nothing in the heavens is causing those who sail north to disappear? Drat! I was hoping the stars would tell him what is happening...
    [4/6/2021 9:23:22 PM]
    [4/6/2021 9:23:37 PM] [9:23 PM] Ra: Thibodeaux
    [4/6/2021 9:23:37 PM] [9:23 PM] Sigrunn: ...So, there's nothing in the history of the north to tell us why people are disappearing recently? Curses! I was hoping... never mind. I'm sure Thibodeaux was very thorough in her research... Thank you for speaking with her. This is very troubling...
    [4/6/2021 9:23:37 PM]
    [4/6/2021 9:23:47 PM] [9:23 PM] Ra: Pendro
    [4/6/2021 9:23:47 PM] [9:23 PM] Sigrunn: ...When you asked Pendro if a curse was affecting the entire north, he tasked you with getting a rune bag from barbarians so the runes could find out the truth? Clever man, I knew consulting him was the right thing to do. But you say the runes told him there wasn't any such curse? By the stars, we must find out what's causing these disappearances!
    [4/6/2021 9:23:47 PM]

Just check that too, just to be sure. Then when you click on or type the disappear keyword she should acknowledge you have spoken to all 3 and told her about them as well as give you an option to say forget about jack (if you can't speak to him), this should then complete the quest:

[4/6/2021 9:23:55 PM] [9:23 PM] Ra: disappear
    [4/6/2021 9:23:55 PM] [9:23 PM] Sigrunn: You've told me what Doctor Bob, Thibodeaux, and Pendro have shared, but I still don't have any information from Captain Jack Price. Should I examine the details you have already provided or wait until you've shared the captain's details?
    [4/6/2021 9:23:55 PM]
    [4/6/2021 9:24:05 PM] [9:24 PM] Ra: Forget Jack. Let's finish this.
    [4/6/2021 9:24:05 PM] [9:24 PM] Sigrunn: You have contacted all the people I task you with consulting. We have all the details. And yet... the mystery remains. Our only clue is Pendro's feeling that something "opposite" of a curse is to blame. We are no closer to answers than when we began! I can't say we will ever know the reason why people are disappearing, but I shall continue my research. And thank you for your assistance.
    [4/6/2021 9:24:05 PM] [9:24 PM] Sigrunn wasn't able to deduce the cause of the disappearances.
    [4/6/2021 9:24:05 PM]
    [4/6/2021 9:24:05 PM] [9:24 PM] You receive 750 gold!
    [4/6/2021 9:24:05 PM] [9:24 PM] You gained 8000 experience needed for skill development!

See if this hopefully helps you! :(

7. Thorin Strongarm

Thorin Strongarm Avatar

OK thank you

Anpu likes this.
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I'm now also having the same problem. I have a stuck Ask About Northern Curse task stuck. I have actually completed this quest with a secondary character:

[​IMG]

Speaking with Pendro and saying or clicking on the northern curse keyword does nothing. Task still remains. There is no Journal Entry. Just a task.

[​IMG]

Of note after speaking to all 3 (but not Captain Jack because I cannot), before returning to Sigrunn I still have this task.

04/11/2021 23:07
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1376.Date.04.09.21
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Jade Gardens
    Area Display Name: Jade Gardens
    Loc: (-41.0, 45.2, -33.3)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfEphZGUgR2FyZGVuc3woLTQwLjk4OSwgNDUuMTkxLCAtMzMuMzA3KXwoMCwgMC4wOTgsIDAsIDAuOTk1KXwxNC42OTcyNHwxNi44OTQzN3wxOA==

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  9. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report and all the extra details. I'll look into this quest and make some adjustments. Issue #68938

Anpu likes this.
  10. Thorin Strongarm

Thorin Strongarm Avatar

Yes I have tried again and I still can not complete the quest.

11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the status is currently [Submitted]. that means a fix for it has NOT been made yet. when a fix has been made and patched into the current client, the status will change to [Fix Needs Testing]. check back then!

12. Thorin Strongarm

Thorin Strongarm Avatar

I was able to complete the quest.. my mistake was that I was typing in the responses rather than using the given text options. Sorry.

Anpu likes this.
  13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Just some information for Sannio, there isn’t any bug manually typing the correct keyword, but it’s very easy for players to not type the exact keyword correctly. In my previous post above, I manually typed those keywords correctly and the quests did complete correctly.

There’s still a bug where some tasks may not be clearing correctly though.

Sannio likes this.
  14. Sannio

Thanks for the update! I'm glad everything worked out. :)

Anpu likes this.
  15. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I just did the following on Offline, Get quest from Sigrunn then speak to Thibodeaux>Doctor Bob>Pendro (get quest for Rune bag). Thibodeaux and Doctor Bob's tasks update and clear just fine. Speaking to Pendro and getting his quest for the rune bag, and then returning the rune bag does not clear the "Ask about Northern Curse" task:

[​IMG]

That should clear at this point?

05/03/2021 21:14
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    SotA.Win.64.1382.Date.05.01.21
    Area: Novia_R9_City_Yew
    Area Display Name: Yew
    Loc: (30.5, 51.0, -12.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjlfQ2l0eV9ZZXd8fCgzMC41MDYsIDUxLjAzNiwgLTEyLjM5KXwoMCwgLTAuMjEsIDAsIDAuOTc4KXwzMTUuNDE3NXwyOS41MTg1MnwzLjk4MjY2OA==

16. Sannio

Yes, it should clear at that point. The data shows that it's set up correctly. The good news is that task has the "safety feature" added to it, which should force it to clear when you change scenes. Can you confirm that the "Ask about Northern Curse" task archives after you change scenes?

17. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

It sadly does not:
    [​IMG]
    This is after turning in the rune bag.

But I actually I found out when and how a second Ask about Northern Curse task will suddenly appear (Build 1382 Offline) and this is 100% repeatable:

When you speak to Pendro and type northern curse, quickly click on Sigrunn asks for information and Yes, I'll get a rune bag keywords, several tasks are running trying to clear and complete tasks and journal entries. And then you will see a new Ask about Northern Curse task appear.

[​IMG]

But if you speak to Pendro and type northern curse then click on Sigrunn asks for information and WAIT for tasks and journal entries to finish, then click Yes, I'll get a rune bag keyword you will not see a new Ask about Northern Curse task appear.

[​IMG]

Hopefully this can pinpoint you to fixing this? I'll assume so many tasks getting added and then trying to get cleared if a player clicks these keywords fast will cause some of these entries to not be able to be cleared and complete? If you need any other info let me know, I have a save in offline for this part I can check this repeatedly.

05/10/2021 21:17
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    SotA.Win.64.1382.Date.05.01.21
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (-78.8, 18.3, 233.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCgtNzguODQ4LCAxOC4yODYsIDIzMy44Mil8KDAsIC0wLjYsIDAsIC0wLjgpfDczLjM0MTg5fDQwLjE5MzE2fDQw

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  18. Sannio

@Anpu , thanks for the update and details.

This is frustrating. You mentioned getting a "second" task for "Ask About Northern Curse." There's only one journal entry by that name, so what could be happening is that you're getting it a second time. However, our system should never be awarding a journal entry when you already have it. It's "impossible" but obviously it's happening. I just checked in another fix with extra opportunities for the task to archive.

Obviously, Sigrunn's "Ask About Northern Curse" should clear after checking in with Pendro of Yew. If it doesn't, it should auto-archive after changing scenes--I added in extra flag checks here. If it still fails to archive, say "northern curse" to Sigrunn or Pendro and that should clear the task. Saying "hello" to Sigrunn or Pendro may also clear it in the same way as saying "northern curse." Hopefully all these extra opportunities will squash this bug! The fix will be in for next release.

Anpu likes this.
  19. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

@Sannio I forgot to mention it’s only adding a second task list, but does not actually add a journal entry. Sorry I forgot to specifically mention that!

20. Sannio

Thanks for the clarification!

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.