1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Dev Review] Mining iron only 1's

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Ysold, May 7, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

05/08/2021 01:19
    Title: Mining Iron only 1's
    Reproduction Rate: in 50+ mining attempts
    Blocker? No but very annoying
    Details: When mining today in Serpent Spine Foothills, I noticed I was only getting 1 iron ore per hit. My mining skill is 114. I'm used to getting 1, 2 or 3 ore per hit. I moved to Troll's Bridge but there also I got only 1 iron ore. Silver in the same area behaved as normal (1, 2 or 3 per hit).
    Edit: I did get an additional Nickel or Tungsten now and then.
    Steps to Reproduce: Mine iron for a while
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9300HF CPU @ 2.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16304
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 GPU RAM: 5980
    SotA.Win.64.1382.Date.05.01.21
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01a_template/Beregost
    Area Display Name: Beregost
    Loc: (54.0, 38.2, 314.6)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYV90ZW1wbGF0ZXxCZXJlZ29zdHwoNTMuOTgsIDM4LjIzMiwgMzE0LjYzNil8KDAsIDAuOTYsIDAsIDAuMjgpfDE0Ny44MDM2fDEwfDEuMjU=

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    Anpu likes this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I also went through this scene doing several outer ring loops harvesting all the iron nodes here. This is a tier 4 scene. The ore nodes here give 2000 crafting xp. and then give 1 Iron Ore and then 1-2 Granite. 1 node in the scene did give 2 Iron ore. The rest all give 1 Iron ore. This was from harvesting an ore node and no meticulous happened. As well as a critical harvest (nothing happens now when you have a critical harvest) You just get the same basic harvest and crafting xp.

If you have a meticulous, you only get the number of ore from the meticulous and not the base harvest. For example if I get a 2X meticulous, I only get 2 ore. Not 1 + 2 ore from the 2x meticulous. And even from a 4x meticulous I only got 4 ore. I get no base ore (1 ore + 4 meticulous).

I think something here seems to be not working? As a tier 4 scene aren't the ore nodes supposed to be giving more ore like 2? Not always 1?

05/07/2021 21:38
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1382.Date.05.01.21
    Area: Novia_R9_Hills01_SerpentsSpineMinesEntrance
    Area Display Name: Serpent's Spine Foothills
    Loc: (-159.3, 60.5, 2.9)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjlfSGlsbHMwMV9TZXJwZW50c1NwaW5lTWluZXNFbnRyYW5jZXx8KC0xNTkuMjg5LCA2MC40NjIsIDIuODg2KXwoMCwgMC41MjEsIDAsIC0wLjg1NCl8NDI1LjIxNzN8NDUuMzY0MzV8MTg=

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

cannot verify. i got this in serpent's spine, no meticulous:

[​IMG]

troll's bridge:

[​IMG]

...but it's true that most were singletons. i went to the big nodes in tanglemire for a bit and most were singles there too. i randomly looked at an older log from ulfheim last june, and most of my iron mining there were singletons too. if this is a change, it's not a recent one, and not a tier-4 specific one. @Ysold, do you have chatlogs (use /datafolder command) showing you regularly getting more in that scene?

that's correct. the meticulous count includes the initial mine. there's no such thing as a 1x meticulous.

4. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Found a log from januari 27th, same character, same area, lower mining skill (probably under GM).
    It contains 34 times 1 iron; 9 times 2 iron; 1 time 3 iron.

Anpu likes this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Was there a specific Weekly Update or Release Notes that goes over the addition of this new meticulous system when it was added?

6. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

It must have been at least a year ago, Anpu, since I haven't seen the system you're describing in my gathering career,

7. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Newest data from today's Troll's Bridge sessions (Mining at 115):
    71x 1 iron; 7x 2 iron; 0x 3 iron
    compared to silver in the same session:
    26x 1 silver; 9x 2 silver; 2x 3 silver

Ok, so it's not all 1's when you check larger numbers, but I really think the yield of iron is very low compare to silver.

Anpu likes this.
  8. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

I think I have it figured out now: the higher this character's mining skill gets, the less iron she will mine and the more Nickel and Tungsten. So to get a better iron yield she'd need to DROP her mining skill back to 100. Now this can't be the intention of the bonus metals with iron (and with copper)!

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

What specific Mining skill level was your character at, and what level did you lower it to?

10. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

DIdn't lower it yet - was waiting for confirmation :) She's now at 115 Mining.

Anpu likes this.
  11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that count alone isn't useful, as a lot of those one-offs are from meticulous.

putting this in for dev review before you go untraining things.

Anpu likes this.