1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Submitted 62175] Oracle has slow response to daily test answer

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations & NPCs' started by Chiasma, May 17, 2021.

1. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

05/17/2021 20:36
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details:
    - Unclick "Enable Conversation Close-Ups"
    - Log on daily and talk to oracle
    - Type test and keep typing yes or clicking yes
    - Oracle will only response to "yes" after a few seconds.

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4) System RAM: 32715
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 GPU RAM: 2007
    SotA.Win.64.1384.Date.05.10.21
    Area: POT_grassland_metropolis_01a_template/Meridian
    Area Display Name: Meridian
    Loc: (56.5, 36.2, -167.6)
    Debug: UE9UX2dyYXNzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYV90ZW1wbGF0ZXxNZXJpZGlhbnwoNTYuNDYyLCAzNi4xODcsIC0xNjcuNjM1KXwoMCwgMC45NjIsIDAsIC0wLjI3NSl8MjExLjkzOHwyMS44NjUxMnwxOA==

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@Chiasma , this kind of issue is sometimes related to connection issues, or possibly with the "master" player who owns the scene leaving that scene, and is often temporary. Is this a reoccurring issue for you? Or would you say it was something that cleared up on it's own within a few minutes?

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I’ve seen this happen before but currently I never have this issue at all in the current POT I live in. I thought it might actually be related to conversation close ups being checked on. I still have that checked on and I never have any issues speaking to the Oracle daily.

There’s probably some other thing that can cause this?

4. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

I am the only one that host and start the POT most often and it occurs everyday since I disabled that option. I remember I use POT teleport sign to teleport from POT boundary to another with the oracle building. Not sure if this makes me to get the reply slower. But oracle reply to "test" real fast but not the "yes" answer after that.

I can wait a few seconds before answering "yes" or keep clicking "yes" until oracle pay me.

5. Sannio

Ah... this is a different problem. The first time you collect loot in a session, there's a big delay. Instead of talking to the oracle the first thing you do in a session, do kill and loot a rabbit or something like that. You'll get the delay when you collect the rabbit loot instead of when you talk to the oracle. This "first loot collection" delay is a known issue.

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Why does it work fine for "Enable Conversation Close-Ups" turned on just fine (I do not need to loot anything, I can log in and then just run up to her and speak to her), but not when it is unchecked? Un-checking that option suddenly makes the conversation dependent on looting things?

Chiasma likes this.
  7. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

I enable the conversation close-ups today and do the same thing. No delay to get reward from Oracle.

Seems like there are two logic handling reward from conversation with or without close up.

Anpu likes this.
  8. Sannio

I hadn't heard about that repro case before. Thanks for passing that along. Adding to issue #62175

Chiasma and Anpu like this.