Character Builds (Skinny or Fat)

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Knight2, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight2

Knight2 Avatar

I was curious if the SotA team was planning on making character we create or at least thrown about the game as NPC's be small/thin medium/average or Tall/Fat (or any of those combined with each other). It would add more realism walking around seeing various shapes and sizes of people, not just the same. I understand then you have to tweak armors and clothing to make sure it looks good when stretched or wrapped around a heavier player rather than a skinny one.

Im just curious if this will be implemented, at least be able to see NPC's bigger than others to see variations.

Thanks
    TG

2. 3djake

3djake Avatar

I assume that's part of $2.25M Stretch Goal = Expanded Character Creation
    "New you" Detailed character creator - We will provide tools beyond the basic choices of gender, body/face/hair/eyes, and layer morph targets to customize your character to be "the real you" at the in game salons.

I am sure they will reach the next stretch goal if they leave pledging open for another month.

3. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

I think it is a must to have different body types. Would be nice to not only have Tall/Short or Fat/Skinny but ranges or sets of models like beer guts and stocky/bulky.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Knight2

Knight2 Avatar

Exactly Umbrae! Its kind of what i was thinking.

And 3dJake, thanks, i do remember seeing that now, i do hope they are implemented.

5. Rasaro

Rasaro Avatar

Just as long as it doesn't end up like "Star Wars: The Old Republic".

I refuse to choose between "buff", "fat", "Short scrawny", and "Average scrawny".

6. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

The best character creator was Aion. You could spend all day designing.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

I hate to reference a game that falls flat on so many levels, but...

The devs need to check out the character creator for Phantasy Star Online 2. It puts Elder Scrolls <i>to shame</i>.

8. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

As much as I like the theoretical possibilities of variety.. having different heights provides some technical challenges.. mainly in the area of animation. Unless there's a way to accurately scale animation data (hopefully dynamically as I'm thinking height should be done witha slider rather than presets) so that it looks good for all possible heights.. then the animators would have to recreate pretty much every animation for every possible height. That is a lot of work. At least it's not from scratch.. but they would have to manually scale and save those animations. Then they'd have to do it again for every new animation added later. So I think they only way to do it would be to somehow write some code that does it automagically.

Other factors are obviously possible since so many other games are starting to do it these days.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. lordrex

lordrex Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.