Pet food - when will this be fixed -bufff loss from instance to instrance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snowdog, May 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snowdog

Snowdog Avatar

This has been an issue for a long time. It is no longer a bug but a feature and a feature we all do not care for.

2. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Anpu and that_shawn_guy like this.
  3. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

FrostII, Wilfred, Snowdog and 2 others like this.
  4. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

the components for better pet foods are too expensive for them to work this way.

at the very least, the output of the recipes should be increased by 10x to make up for this.

Wilfred and Snowdog like this.
  5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Agree completely with @Grimbone on this. It's one of those QOL pain in the rear things.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    Wilfred, Snowdog and that_shawn_guy like this.
  6. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I think the issue is that when you change scenes your pet unlike your avatar is recreated. It could be possible on scene change for them to perhaps capture and store current pet buffs and type so on scene change there could be a check to see if variables exist and if so recreate pet and apply variables. but currently the do not have this tech as they call it which would require a lot of reworking of systems I am sure. that is not to say one day it wont happen :)

as a Death mage myself I would love the same to have my summon follow me to novia and to other scenes. I too have to burn regs ever summon and I bet other mage summons spend more gold and regs in a life time than tamers :) we too can buff our pets with some spells but we dont have the luxury of pet foods... I should test that haha never tried before....

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    Wilfred and Alley Oop like this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Xee has it right.

(that'd be a wishlist, not a bug.)

Wilfred, Anpu and Xee like this.
  8. Snowdog

Snowdog Avatar

I call Shanna-gins (BS) on this .. it is a coding error (lazy programming) at best and a stick in the eye of users at worst. Please fix it

9. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

I do find myself doing a heck of a lot of buffing up , it is a pain in the a** sometimes and wish some changes could be made.

FrostII likes this.
  10. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

we all have to buff up, takes me almost a minute to fully buff , pots , etc every hour. I think yesterday I had 16 buffs on :)

code changes are wish lists Snowdogs. its not a bug it was designed that way back when taming was done which would have been pre-pet food. If you like I can create a wish list for you or you can do it yourself if you like :)

Vaentorian and Anpu like this.
  11. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

It costs 30-40 gold per pet food to buy, cheaper if you make it yourself. This is a very very small expense compared to how much money can be made per hour if you are changing scenes multiple times per hour.

People keep asking for gold sinks in game, yet every time one exists then people demand it is removed.

Coswald_Dirthmire, Anpu and Xee like this.
  12. Proudfoot Underhill

Proudfoot Underhill Avatar

Also, this bug appears for Pacu food and for the Skill Learning food (like Decorated Cupcake and Elderberry Cream Cheese Sugar Drops), and I think for other food too.

When I change zone, Pacu and Skill learning bonus disappears when it is past the 1/2 duration. My Elixir extension skill is 100 so they both last 2hrs. When more than an hour has passed, the bonuses disappear on zoning out.

PS: Can't find the actual thread in the bug reports, so I am writing it here.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    Elgarion, FBohler and FrostII like this.
  13. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

If you are seeing this behavior with people food not pet food than create a bug report in the forums. Characters are designed to have their buffs be able to persist through scene change, while pets are not because pets need to be recreated each scene change.

Proudfoot Underhill likes this.
  14. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there is one. i just quoted proudfoot's post into it. before that there weren't specific numbers to check.

Proudfoot Underhill likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.