Today on QA (R89)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Coswald_Dirthmire, May 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Any difference at all between salvaging a rare and salvaging a legendary or epic.

Seems weird that all the give 100%. Feel bad for having combined them. At least give multiple gems legendary and epic...

FrostII likes this.
  2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

None at all, a gem/jewel is the same, so yeah, feels bad for those who went past rare :/

FrostII and Sara Dreygon like this.
  3. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Do the base combat skills add glyph damage at all? EXAMPLE: thrust at 160 and Bladed Combat at 40 does less damage than Thrust at 160 and Bladed Combat at 160 so I assume the bonuses from swordfish food and the Imbued Bladed Combat gem would also make blade glyphs do more damage, correct?

I know it doesn't show this in the tool tooltip but would be good to verify. Maybe stack three gems and the swordfish food for the extra 40 Bladed Combat and auto attack a dummy?

FBohler and FrostII like this.
  4. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I haven't tried any of this stuff yet, but it's pretty great that there's now going to be some decent gem options for non magic builds.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  5. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

I'd always been under the impression that none of the base combat skills added actual glyph damage, only charge/auto attack damage. We can't test on the ranged combat modifiers since they're bugged (a report's been submitted), but I did some testing on the bludgeon modifiers. I tested the new Imbued Bludgeon Combat gems on QA yesterday and they give the expected boost to power so I've gone back and used a level 20 crushing blow on a dummy 100 times at level 60 Bludgeon Combat and then at lvl 160 Bludgeon Combat.

The level 60 trial averaged 42.1 damage per hit of crushing blow and 100 auto-attack hits averaged 16.6 damage each (these were added as a control). The level 160 trial averaged 40.6 damage per hit of crushing blow and 100 autoattack hits averaged 26.8 damage per hit. This skews with what I had thought (base combat skills not affecting glyph strength), and also with my real world experience on polearms, where I de-trained Polearm Combat in a build that made very little use of auto-attack, and saw no significant DPS difference.

At this point it probably is worth testing bladed and polearms combat as well, and each of the foods individually. Perhaps even testing each glyph within each tree. I'm hoping that if there are any problems they'll be found in the course of correcting the Ranged Combat modifiers bug, but either way a proper test would be a good idea.

FBohler and FrostII like this.
  6. Coswald_Dirthmire

QA Build 1198 (Continued):

Crafted Jewelry gives improved base stats!
    Stats on crafted Rings/Necklaces are now as follows:
    [​IMG]

FrostII and Violet Ronso like this.
  7. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Imbued Gem of Disabling Shot - drops off xen bow
    Imbued Jewel of Intelligence - drops off ring of wisdom
    Imbued Jewel of Riding - drops off supple gloves of riding
    Imbued Jewel of the Spurred - drops off spurred boots

Don't have the socketing recipes yet to test what they do.

Last edited: May 24, 2021
  8. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

R90, DevilCult has added new tooltip functionality for all item components for crafting that provide stats. So you'll just need to mouse over any component that provides one, and they all should show it in their tooltip. Very nice QOL improvement for crafters me thinks.

Wilfred, nimueCW, FBohler and 7 others like this.
  9. Elgarion

BTW, noticed from a screenshot that the Cutlass of the Swashbuckler's gem was providing weapon damage bonuses instead of the intended Attack from Behind bonuses. Fixed for R90's patch.

10. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

@Elgarion what are the chances of upping the number of gems from one at rare to two gems from a legendary or maybe 3 for an epic? Makes sense and make salvaging a highly loved epic arty more stomachable since it took 8 rares to make.

11. Coswald_Dirthmire

Oh fantastic! It was mentioned on the dev stream that artifacts made from other artifacts didn't have associate gems/jewels (warlock chain used as an example), so I'd skipped testing on the Xen bow. 2/4 on the Breach arties as well, interested to see the stats on the riding ones and mostly assuming obsidian band will be some Magic Resistance, but especially curious about the Belt of the Dedicated if anyone gets one of those.

The Wisdom ring was mostly predicted as there is a Str jewel from Brittle Brawn and Dex jewel from Cautious Precision neck, with the Sage's Sash giving reduced glyph focus cost. That left the Wisdom Ring for straight Int, but also suggests the Belt of the Dedicated is something other than strength. Or perhaps it's just more strength?

If you catch me on QA, or mail the jewels/gems over, I am happy to socket them for you and return the items, or I can drop them in the trunk I have in the Arlia Shoppes Pavilion for people to come take a look until the tooltip stats are showing (awesome addition DevilCult).

Elgarion, FrostII and Sara Dreygon like this.
  12. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

@Elgarion 1)Gem from vexlen is absolutely useless, if we take in mind that its gem from one of the rarest artifacts, its look very bad, nobody would use it you can trust me here, firemage haven`t got any problems with fire duration at all. I understand that you don't want to give fire damage for it, but the duration is just a joke. (Maybe enhance fire spec, for battles with high resist targets like shadow creatures?)
    2) Are you sure that you want to give archers 30% rapid-fire damage:eek:? It is unbelievably powerful at the moment and 30% more, really? Btw give 30% to multishot in a change is a bad idea too because of the same reason.

Elgarion and Sara Dreygon like this.
  13. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

Yeah I will be waiting to see what is coming next. It seems my avatar won't be talking like I pirate in the future. I hope that aspect of the item isn't lost in the changes.

Elgarion and Sara Dreygon like this.
  14. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I respectfully disagree with that assessment that rapid fire and multishot are "unbelievably powerful".
    They are very powerful, but only for the few archers whose skills are unbelievable HIGH.
    And making changes based on the unbelievably high -albeit very few archers - is a very bad idea for the all of rest of us.

Elgarion and FBohler like this.
  15. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

The new system is very interesting, but looking at how complicated and even confusing it's getting for seasoned players, I fear this will totally overwhelm less experienced players.
    Is there any plan on providing transparent information on how the system works outside of the patch notes?
    I'm afraid some people may get frustrated because of how cryptic the system may be if you don't know the difference between socket slots, gem and jewel, ancient and imbued, not to mention salvage chance that's pretty much unknown to any regular player.
    My suggestion to make things less cryptic would be: show what's the salvageable gem (and % chance) in artifacts tooltips and describe sockets in gear tooltips (maybe only with details on).

Vaiden Luro, Elgarion, Ysold and 3 others like this.
  16. Elgarion

Ya... I didn't want to make them too rare, hence not scaling from 100% at Epic down to less than 1% at Common, but I think the 2 and 3 would be fine for Legendary and Epic. I'll push that change in first thing this morning so it makes it for the release.

When the subsystems such as this are balanced within themselves (for this example, let's say the jewel affecting a single skill) if we know they all provide roughly 15% skill bonus and all skills are (eventually) represented by a jewel (as we add more artifacts to extract jewels or more imbued gem recipes and drops), then we'll know we can safely balance the skill itself rather than some aberrant crazy artifact, component, food, or other buff. We're trying not to balance a skill tree based on having low power or OP power side system buffs. Hope that makes sense. We'll keep our eyes on the numbers, but hopefully as these tough months get behind us, perhaps 2 or so more of big changes, we can start doing more fine tuned refining that won't be nearly as upsetting. That's the plan anyway. I really appreciate how patient people have been. This is the year of balance and we're really trying to get these big stat changes done with as quickly as possible so we can settle into a new normal. THEN, aggressively monitor the stats of new items to make sure we don't insert nerf worthy items.

Spinok, as for fire duration, I can look into another stat or ask Chris to consider making fire time/duration more significant. The duration is already pretty dang long, which is probably why the stat is useless to increase after a point.

I'll provide a spreadsheet that I'll continue to maintain just like the food spreadsheet, and I'll improve the artifact tooltips to indicate component salvage chances AND which component it salvages into. I don't think I can get this in right at release day, but I can see if the tooltips can patch in just after.

17. Elgarion

Wilfred, Xee, Margaritte and 5 others like this.
  18. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

THANK YOU ELGARION! We love spreadsheets!

Wilfred, FrostII, Anpu and 3 others like this.
  19. Elgarion

Wilfred, FrostII, Anpu and 3 others like this.
  20. Coswald_Dirthmire

QA Build 1199:

New drop rates on Imbued Gems/Jewels!
    Rates are now as follows: Common 10%, Uncommon 50%, Rare 100%, Legendary 100% 2x Drop, Epic 100% 3x Drop, so higher tier arties are giving multiple gems/jewels!

Legacy versions of Epic teir artifacts now salvage correctly! They were previously only giving essences, no gems. (Note that these still do not salvage into non-legacy epics. This is as intended)

Imbued Gem of the Swashbuckler now gives the intended +7.5% Attack From Behind bonus.

Patch 69142 was a rousing success, and Ranged Combat skill modifiers are now working!
    We looked at the new Ranged Combat imbued gems as well as Seared Marlin and both seem to perform as intended during an auto-attack test.

Base Combat Skills are not affecting glyph damage. This is in line with what we've seen in recent tests, and seems to be a change that happened somewhere in the past. Not entirely sure what the full story on it is, and there's been a bit of confusion and back and for on it. See the discussions in this thread and the following links for more information:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/today-on-qa-r89.168378/page-3#post-1321030
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...modifiers-have-no-effect.168571/#post-1320960
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...crease-polearm-skills-damage-tooltips.168514/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.