Today on QA (R89)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Coswald_Dirthmire, May 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I respectfully disagree with this. Making changes based on players with skills that aren't high doesn't make sense. They don't play as much and most of the time don't even understand the true power of these skills once at end game level. Also there are not just a few archers with high levels in those skills. That just isn't true. They are a ton of archers. Archers have been the best build for a long time for physical damage. A LONG time.

2. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

@Elgarion

At first glance the 7.5% base weapon damage looks good but this just changes a meteoric iron longsword from 8-24 to 8-25. This equates to 1.66% more damage on glyphs (178 thrust vs. 175 thrust or better comparison 671 coup vs. 660 coup). Even with a gem in the chest and the two in the weapons only adds 5% damage. Seems quite underwhelming given it comes from a bandit chest.

Damage should be down across the board. Some player's defense/healing/pots in PVP already outpaces a lot of the damage some players could do - especially with non-armor piercing attacks (i.e. not bludgeon or blades). Methinks armor may need to be looked at or PVP damage increased. Something to keep and eye on after release.

Bladed weapon +10 or +30 did nothing to glyph damage as stated by Coswald. From what I remember, half of a glyph's damage should come from the base weapon skill (and 100% of the auto attack and charged damage). This was so thrust at 160 and bladed weapon at 40 wouldn't do the same damage as thrust at 160 and bladed weapon at 160. I believe during alpha the average of the two was used in the glyph calculation so:

Thrust 160 + Bladed 40 = Equivalent Thrust 100
    Thrust 160 + Bladed 100 = Equivalent Thrust 130
    Thrust 160 + Bladed 170 = Equivalent Thrust 165

Thought this was always the way it worked...........

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  3. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

Just wonder if jump strength from new gem stacks. Seems like we may have exploit in certain adventuring scene. :)

Coswald_Dirthmire likes this.
  4. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Should be that all means of jump strength stack up to a cap that prevents such exploits shenanigans (they're on to us Chiasma!). The good news is the cap means we're now allowed to wear a frogkin and cuttlekin ring at the same time, just that the combined jump strength will obey that cap. I'd actually forgotten this was mentioned on the dev stream, so not actually tested it yet.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  5. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Chris noticed some oddities with the Ranged Combat, Polearm Combat, Bludgeon Combat, Blades Combat buffs and did some fixing. Let's see how the changes affected anything. Also, I'll forward him the msg about the base weapon damage stat, to see if he can peek at it for anything needing tweaked.

Technically instead of getting 2 Jump Strength, you can now get 2.5 Jump Strength as a new maximum. Frogkin and Cuttlekin rings are now 1 Jump Strength each, but you can wear 2 of them. THEN if you take the jewel from either and add it to a necklace, you can get another 0.5 jump strength.

6. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Is there not a hard cap on this now? It seems the cuttlekin and frogkin rings were never made mutually exclusive at Epic level, but in putting them on the max jump still seemed to be 2.0 (checked by using /loctrack to observe the change in Z)

7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I admit, I'm a little bummed I'll need an epic frog ring to get the same jump I got before with a common, when it doesn't really have much impact on combat.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

They mentioned changing the cap to 2.5 on stream (that's pretty much the only bit I remember haha!)

Unless it's bugged? Did you try it on QA?

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

In the imbued gems video you mentioned the "wild lightning" effect. That is the same "+1 static discharge bonus" as wand of static discharge that adds 1 target to lightning and chain lightning. It's apparently been renamed on the wand also.

10. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I think they bumped that number up a bit for R90, they did mention on stream last friday something about that!

Coswald_Dirthmire likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.