Here is the list of rules for PVP...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by queenbee, May 29, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. queenbee

queenbee Avatar

There are no rules for PVP...

If you flag yourself (remove the oracle's protection), then you have agreed to allow other players to attack you. It doesn't matter what your adventure level is, what your intentions are, or what your moral compass is, you have voluntarily opened yourself up to be attacked.

Thus, if other players attack you, this does not make them bad people since they are just playing an aspect of the game that you have voluntarily joined.

Simply put, if you don't want to be attacked, then don't flag yourself and don't enter a PVP zone.

Note: Novia is the name of the over world and the whole continent. So "all of Novia" is referring to the continent. Not being able to PVP in Novia is referring to the over world.

Last edited: May 29, 2021
  2. The Revenant

The Revenant Avatar

Papai amou esse post.

necronut, jrs99 and Time Lord like this.
  3. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Rule number one: kill.
    Rule number two: don't get killed.
    Rule number three: don't *****.

jrs99 and Time Lord like this.
  4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Don't forget the 22 year old PVP chant all PVPers say to their sheep pray after killing them - I ROXXORS U SUXXORS!

Vero and Time Lord like this.
  5. queenbee

queenbee Avatar

A mãe falou

The Revenant likes this.
  6. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Well there is a whole other side to PVP you are over looking :)

Some of us who Flag go under the virtue system similar to UO where we dont attack unless we are attacked. We understand there maybe some random encounters and some that simply panic when they come into a room full of pvpers and shoot first.
    but in the end we judge those that kill by their actions and those actions overtime can affect you the pvper in more ways then you know.

There are rather large guilds, organizations, markets, and more than may take action on griefers in many ways. from KS lists (which many pvpers tend to like more actions for them unless they end up being the one grieved) to temp/perm Bans to locations of interest (which many do not like).

So always be virtuous outside of PVP zone specifically :) never know.

Sara Dreygon and Violet Ronso like this.
  7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

This is very true, but these are Player/Group rules, and those players and groups are free to enforce rules with consequences how they deem fit, I suspect Bee might be throwing this info out there for those who complain/menace of reporting when being killed, when in fact, there are no "official" rules to PvP.

Xee likes this.
  8. queenbee

queenbee Avatar

The image of PVP is being damaged by those who put their moral compass on others when they really have no authority to do that. The general rule to PVP... No rules apply when you flag.

If you don't want to be killed while afk, then don't afk while flagged. On his streams, I see Rev go afk a lot while flagged. Yet he won't lose his temper if he comes back dead.

If you don't want to lose items, then don't have them on you. Vesper had to wait for me to unload every item I didn't want to lose before I would go with him into a pvp zone.

If you don't want to be killed repeatedly, then leave and unflag. I only need to be killed once to know that maybe it's not a good time to be in that pvp zone.

Yes, there are griefers...but that has to do with the player and not pvp. I remember seeing gpantano going into universe chat and calling house of mangar "merde" regularly. I was amused by it. But if you don't want to hear it, putting someone on ignore is an option.

The current top pvpers are very fun people who just happen to enjoy hunting down every flagged person they can find. If you don't want them hunting you down, then don't flag.... especially if they don't have your skull yet.

The negative attitude towards pvp is preventing it from really growing.

9. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

Also note, at the moment losing items is irrelevant since ransoms are turned off. Hopefully a better system is put in place and they don't need to return at all.

10. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Shared, many thanks Bee Striker!

11. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

Good video Bee, my rule for pvp is simple: kill or die trying!

Violet Ronso likes this.
  12. queenbee

queenbee Avatar

My friend's little boy picked up a water gun to join in on the water fight going on. But he proceeded to get upset when he got squirted. His sister's response was, "but that's the point."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.