SHEATH my weapon, please :)

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Hempy Do`Herben, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hempy Do`Herben

Hempy Do`Herben Avatar

Can we please have our weapons sheath in town?

I am called 'OUTLANDER' by everyone I see, seems the place is not to friendly toward me. Guard halts me at the gates and all I do is approach him weapon drawn. Run into town folks shops weapon drawn, in my home weapon drawn. It is just a little ridiculous. But I assume it will be fixed but just a note :)

Please have weapons sheathed in ALL non combat situation unless (the player) choose to un-sheath the weapon themselves. Running around town, in peoples homes and in shops with your weapon drawn is ignorant and immersion breaking.
    --------------------
    I'll be back with more critique soon! Great job to this point ALL of you! I appreciate being able to experience this game at this point and will deliver the best information i can to help it grow :)

Kendorin, Lord Albert, LadyM and 7 others like this.
  2. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

Just take it out of your hand and place it in your pack. Hopefully there will eventually be a system where you can set a macro/hotkey to do it, but if the sword is in your hand then... it's in your hand. Choosing to run around with the weapon drawn is basically what you're doing by leaving it in your hand.

Perhaps they could add a scabbard wearable it could go in to. But then that could just be something that goes on one of your six pack slots.

3. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

I suspect until the combat loop gets added in during the March alpha test we'll be running around with drawn swords unless you up it in your pack. (otherwise we wouldn't be able to see what our weapons would look like while equipped/in combat). That's usually how games track the sheath/unsheath, is if your are in combat or not... without the combat loop in there it is stuck to a default.

Hempy Do`Herben likes this.
  4. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

This is a know issue and should be corrected well before launch. :D

5. Hempy Do`Herben

Hempy Do`Herben Avatar

Well since you mention it. All the guards walk around town with swords drawn aswell and this to is a bit much. A guard would not need his weapon unsheathed in public just to march around with it.

So aswell as the players npc the actual in game npcs around town need to also be adjusted for realism. If I was to attack a guard then he would unsheathe imo.

Kendorin and Mishri like this.
  6. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

I agree, the guards shouldn't walk around with weapons at hand 24/7. But a player having her or his weapon in hand should be on the player really. And I have mentioned in previous posts on the forum that if a player tries talking to NPCs while actively brandishing a weapon then they should get a different (generally more negative) response.

7. Hempy Do`Herben

Hempy Do`Herben Avatar

I agree :) Then there needs to be a SHEATHE option. But like Lotus said above, it is already on the agenda.

Kendorin likes this.
  8. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

Yes, it should be a hotkey. You press your sheath button (which should also unsheathe) and your weapon is away! I don't think it should be automatic as soon as you enter town though. I think if it is an active thing then it forces a player into a different mindset. That this is a civilised town or village (some places might not require it) - it's not a combat zone. I think this is important.

Hempy Do`Herben likes this.
  9. XiDragon

XiDragon Avatar

10. Kain3

Kain3 Avatar

+1.

Awesome, but can you please add scabbards while you are at it? :D

11. Akeashar

Akeashar Avatar

Sounds like a crafting job for the leatherworkers! Until they get their act in gear its in the hand or in the pack ^~ (Shoving a sword into your belt is a quickfire way to get your pants to fall down)

NRaas and Seon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.