New Player

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by z0mb33m0mm4, Feb 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. z0mb33m0mm4

z0mb33m0mm4 Avatar

Hello! I play as Tula. I am currently renting in Crafter's Town and working on my tailoring skills. A friend referred me here from another game and I am enjoying SotA so far.

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Welcome! Did you not get your free row lot deed and just set up your own home?

3. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Welcome to New Britannia! :)

4. z0mb33m0mm4

z0mb33m0mm4 Avatar

I did get one. It was for a player-owned town. Looks like I chose the wrong town though. Got a message that I was evicted. I guess that means they keep my gold? Discouraging.

5. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Some governors set up strict rules about what kind of housing you can place down & where, major merchant cities like Crafter's Town & Britt Mart tend to be placed where having an active merchant is required to maintain a lot there.

There's more than a couple cities that cater to new players and some guilds that offer free housing until you decide where you want to drop a permanent house or if you just want to use your free deed for a vendor location while you work on finishing the main quest, where you also get a free village lot deed.

The main question you might ask is, what are you looking for in a location? Do you want it to be a vendor space, or some convenient place you just drop some chests and barrels in while you get your bearings, or an RP house where your character "lives" and you decorate.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If the lot tax runs out then your house is automatically moved to your bank. If you paid more tax but the POT owner kicked you out (very unlikely) then any excess tax is kept as credit that you can use for the next lot. Open the Lot Deeds window (default key is U) and it will show how much tax credit you have in the lower left. If it's zero then your house most likely went poof from lack of tax payment.

Anpu likes this.
  7. queenbee

queenbee Avatar

If you got evicted, any prepaid taxes will show up when you place your lot deed again by pressing U.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.