Best imbued Gems for Bow?

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Silberfarn, Jun 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silberfarn

Silberfarn Avatar

Hello,
    I hope I hit the right sub-forum. I was wondering about the best imbued gems for ranged weapons, longbow and crossbow. I ignore specific magic builds that may need double (=two hand weapon) imbued gems for attunement.

1. Would you rather have two swashbuckler "attack from behind" bonus gems (2x 7.5% behind dmg) or accuracy-crossbow "ranged bonus" gems (2x +10 ranged)? I am aware that getting from, say 130 ranged to 150 ranged would need a gazillion XP, which the bow could do with two ranged gems. At the same time an archer can easily get behind a MOB, esp. if in a raid party and 15% more damage is nice, too.
    2. Would a chest armor piece socketed with an imbued gem (ranged, attack from behind) also give the bonuses or is that only given for weapon socketing?

Thanks,
    Silberfarn

FrostII likes this.
  2. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

This is one opinion, there will probably be many others.
    I was running bandit gear, with the chest giving a 50% base weapon damage bonus. So the nerf brought that down to 20%
    With a full set of augmented hardened leather, I get a 24% bonus. And with 3 x gems of the deadly bandit (one chest, two bow) I am back to around 46%.
    I don’t know how valuable the attack from behind bonus would be - in my experience it is rare to be able to get such a shot - mobs tend to turn to face you.
    Also the +10 gem only affects your basic ranged skill - ie auto and charged attacks. I found bringing the lot up was more rewarding.
    YMMV

3. Silberfarn

Silberfarn Avatar

Thanks for the reply Asclepius. I was not aware of the bandit chest bonus gem. I just missed my 10% chance to get one :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.