Can we run 2 clients on same computer? allowed and supported?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snowdog, Jun 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snowdog

Snowdog Avatar

Simple question

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yes it is allowed (called multi-boxing): See the Community Rules & Guidelines

Multi-Boxing

Multi-boxing IS allowed. The only thing that is not allowed is having a second (or third+) client in the background that is executing some automatically triggered skill like auto-attack, crafting or pet attacks. For example:
    • If a player runs multiple clients and switches to a second client to cast a heal spell, that is acceptable. Just note that first account might miss an auto attack or two while you do that.
    • If you are a streamer running a single client and want to tab over to twitch to chat, that is fine and nothing changes as this will only impact people running multiple clients.
    Auto-attack was not originally a feature in the game. Auto-attack was added as a feature to assist players with certain conditions preventing or hindering repetitious click a button. While we have no plans to remove auto-attack, it is possibly the most exploited feature of the game which makes auto-attack a high visibility and closely monitored feature by the Catnip Games team.

Pets utilized during multi-boxing is also a highly exploitable feature of the game which makes unattended pet usage a high visibility and closely monitored feature by the Catnip Games team as well.

If multiple clients are running on the same machine, skills, spells, auto-attacks and pets will only activate if the client is in the foreground. If attempts to circumvent these restrictions is detected, these actions will be considered a "Cheat, Exploit or Game Modification" which will result in one or more of the moderation actions indicated below.Cheats, Exploits, and Game Modification (MODing)

While we do allow some configuration of the game client, we do NOT allow exploiting or hacking of any kind. Any modification of the game client needs to be approved by the Catnip Games team.

Some examples which cause immediate and permanent ban from the game are:
    • Gold/item generation via automated systems (BOTing, increasing spawn rates, etc.)
    • Generate accelerated experience (Instantly maximizing skills, etc.)
    • Working around gameplay (Flying through barriers, reducing damage, etc.)
    • Edit client memory (Changing character stats, increase skills, etc.)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  3. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

To do so on pc, right click the running program icon (not the launcher) and click on "shroud of the avatar". one note: while running two accounts is allowed, they ban for setups that echo the same commands to multiple accounts simultaneously. If you don't understand what that means, you aren't doing it.

4. Snowdog

Snowdog Avatar

So I have a problem , when I run the two the first one locks up (video) I know it is still running I can hear the attacks in The Rise and the second client keeps working. Do i go to bug reports for this?
    i9
    64 gig ram
    RTX 370
    Win 10

5. Lained

Lained Avatar

I'd start by reducing the game video quality when running multiple clients before submitting a bug.

6. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

While multi boxing isn't technically in violation of the user agreement. It's not supported either, no sense bugging you can't run two clients.

Alley Oop likes this.
  7. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

I used to do it by having 2 completely separate installations on one PC - worked fine (now I use separate PCs)

8. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all. I run 2 computers. That way the resources are separate for each run and no chance of both of them calling the same resource. @ different install on the same computer would work but load on that 1 computer it would drastically reduce frame rate unless you have a beast of a machine.

So many things to be careful of in doing this so you don't go against the rules. Don't have one follow the other into battle for the exp, don't pvp one to raise your standing, etc. To me the cost of a high end machine or having 2 machines is not worth it. And accidentally doing something against the rules is to risky.

9. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

There is code in game however that only allows attacking from parent(focus) window. This means that you can't use auto attacks etc from a background screen. you can however tab back and forth and attack / cast. Also keep in mind that anti cheat code may kick in and boot your background character if they are gaining xp but not attacking. so well it can be done there is many things in place to make it not something that most would want to do with out 2 computers :)

Anpu likes this.
  10. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

If you are running 2 computers them both are foreground. Not to say you wont get booted though.

11. Snowdog

Snowdog Avatar

After a but more testing the game will crash no mater what other game I run concurrently. Its a code issue with the RTX 3070 so is this something I should post in the bug report dust bin?

12. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

There is already a bug for that RTX issue open. I have a 2070 same issue. they are still trying to see what is causing the crash. there is a new version of unity coming up so cross fingers

Alley Oop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.