Gear Socketing Wishlist - Ingredient/Buff Ideas for Imbued Gems and Jewels

Discussion in 'Queued for Review/Processing' started by Elgarion, May 25, 2021.

1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Please post your ideas in a response to this thread. Linked below is a spreadsheet showing existing imbued gems/jewels and their provided stats.
    Please keep your through sharing and comments kind, constructive, considerate, and concise. Thank you Avatars! :)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    FrostII, Grimbone, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
  2. Elgarion

(reserved)

Violet Ronso likes this.
  3. Elgarion

(reserved)

Violet Ronso likes this.
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

any chance for a light source from the torch of jerik?

5. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

So much to play with! I'm interested to see what will drop off the Belt of the Troll Lord, with the Belt of the Dedicating giving an Aggro boost. The Rapid Fire jewels are going to be super strong, if Chris changes the base damage skills to affect glyph damage I think we'll be seeing some 2k DPS archers out there, and other insane physical builds as well. Super excited to see the bonuses on the crafting jewels as well!

Wilfred and Elgarion like this.
  6. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

Not sure if this is the proper place for this, but I was going to wishlist being able to de-socket an items since things are going to be changing for a while. Thinking that now that we can socket things like Legendary and Epic items that are not easily regained if you change spec, combined with the fact that you will be introducing new socketing options for a while now, it may be the right time to add the ability to un-socket items. If that is too hard, at least let us socket over previously socketed items (with a warning/confirmation)?

Thanks

7. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

I would like to see a gem that improves taming collar recovery.

Elgarion and Coswald_Dirthmire like this.
  8. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

That seems like a great one! A lot of the current taming ones don't seem like they'll be getting much use, but I am guessing folks would love a bit of collar recovery. Would have to balance it against the increased % chance from the spec given by the jewels off the gloves to make sure it was the better choice for those looking to save silver

9. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I would love to see Gems or Jewels affecting Pugilism!
    Increased Pugilism effectiveness

Also, here are my ideas for Bard ones :

Increased singing speed
    Increased song duration
    Increased Atonal Aria damage
    Increased Anthem of Alacrity power and duration
    Reduced Concussive Canticle focus Cost
    Increased
    Increased Melody of Mending Healing
    Increased Rapsody of Recovery focus regen speed (like the spec effect)

These are the ones that could be very fun to have, other stats could be either too strong or just pointless! thank you!

10. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Also, one thing that I've noticed, and obviously, most of this comes from the fact that there wasn't any artifacts to justify the addition of gems and jewels yet, but when I compare schools one against the other, some schools seem to be getting the short end (right now). as an example, lets take a look at the "Combat" schools :

Ranged :

Ranged Imbued Jewel of Blinding Jealousy +15% Blinding Shot Damage
    Ranged Imbued Gem of Disabling Shot +20% Disabling Shot Damage
    Ranged Imbued Gem of Ranged Combat +10 Ranged Combat
    Ranged Imbued Jewel of Rapid Fire +15% Rapid Fire Damage

Bludgeon :

Bludgeon Imbued Gem of the Bludgeon Combat +10 Bludgeon Combat Two-handed Mace of Unsummoning
    Bludgeon Imbued Jewel of Bludgeoning Stun +15% Bludgeon Stun Effectiveness Leather Bandit Leggings

Blades :

Blades Imbued Gem of Bladed Combat +10 Bladed Combat Ancient Two-Handed Sword
    Blades Imbued Gem of Rending +20% Rend Damage Sword of Speed

Polearms :

Polearms Imbued Gem of Polearm Combat +10 Polearm Combat

So as we can see, Ranged gets 4 different options, Bludgeon gets 2 options, blades gets 2 options, and Polearms gets 1 option, yet they all have the same amount of active skills in their tree. Meanwhile, the same thing happens for magic schools, where Air, Death and Fire get a few different options, meanwhile all the other schools get 1 skill, 1 summon and the 2 new imbued Gem/Jewels.

I don't know if you guys plan to add artifacts to compensate the lack in other schools, but it would be very fun to see some other options added to the other schools.

I also think it could be a very fun idea to have some simply drop from mobs/bundles or even drop as fragments that you could refine, I don't think they all need to come from artifacts!

Anyways, those are all my thoughts for now! Will for sure have more to say later!

11. Elgarion

Maybe! I started to play with extracting an item effect like green skin, undead skin, etc. from a gear item as a gem, but it wasn't panning out. It's leaning me towards attaching unique item effects to upcoming potions instead. I'll continue to play around with it though. This would be a REALLY nice feature to add blue fire to another item.

We'll keep an eye on those rapid fire skills. I've heard it mentioned a few times it's a concern. I'll try to nudge for skill adjustments rather than bonus adjustments since we're trying to normalize the side system buff amounts (numerically) so we can balance the main skills without concern there's any side system aberrations to consider. Troll Belt or any crafted artifact will potentially return some of your crafted items so you can make another, so in that case, the belt buckle and perhaps some troll skin. So for the Ancient Staff of Death, if you had an epic, you'll be able to expect a fair amount of rods to come back through salvage if you've depleted the staff or perhaps didn't like your crafting results.

Nice, thanks for the bard ideas. We'll be needing these for upcoming work on the instrument artifacts :)

Oh, no no doubt there's weirdness in this regard. This is entirely related to how artifacts were designed, giving certain trees more love than others through their implementation. I didn't have time to make the spreadsheet so it showed the "holes" I planned to fill like I did for the first food spreadsheet I showed you guys. But expect each tree to get love going forward, with focus on adding artifacts (and related imbued gems/jewels) to the lesser represented trees.

Wilfred, Gravidy, Anpu and 2 others like this.
  12. Elgarion

Oh ya, known wishlist item for sure. It's been brought up in chat recently, and I'll continue to nudge. Definitely new tech and not easy. Big kicker is if someone applied gem specific enchanting buffs to the item and also having to remove those, then trying to deal with any durability utilized for those enchants. Not sure how soon this will be coming.

Ya, that'd be a good one :) Thanks for the input! I'll start organizing the suggestions into a main listing soon in the second post on this thread.

Wilfred, Anpu and Violet Ronso like this.
  13. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

It's a lot easier to come up with useful gem bonuses for melee and ranged since their core skills aren't dependent on attunement the same way a mage's are. For mage artifacts, I would recommend trying to come up with a lot of situational and utility type bonuses. Any kind of generic damage bonuses are just either going to provide more damage than attunement or not, and if not, are completely pointless.

Elgarion likes this.
  14. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Along the same lines of the Gust + Stun effectiveness jewel, I would like an option of Stone fist chance to stun as well!

Also, Pugilism! Oh, and did anyone say Bard?

Could be cool to see a gem or jewel for Opportunity strike as well, one of my "I want to try" builds!

Ohh, and How about Sneak Attack?

Offhand power?

Elgarion likes this.
  15. Sawtooth

Sawtooth Avatar

This might have been addressed in other posts and threads, so... sorry if I'm repeating things.

I'm not clear why "Jewel Socketed Ring or Amulet" can be applied to either crafted item or artifact items, but "Imbued Jewel Socketed Ring or Amulet" can only be applied to crafted items. Is this intended? Any chance we will be able to use imbued jewels on artifacts? Thanks.

Elgarion likes this.
  16. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I believe that this is intentional.

Elgarion likes this.
  17. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

FBohler, Elgarion, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
  18. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

+range bonus for polearm would be a good one, or even a big +range specific to pull so that you can go full scorpion.

There's a lot more ideas for effects than there are artifacts that make any sense to produce them. Maybe there could be some that could be salvaged from regular junk npc weapons a super tiny % of the time.

Also, wicked king gem seems like a strange choice. The shield itself is a double edged item, but the gem is an extract of the benefit without the drawback. Some stats ones are like that too, but those are just minor stats.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    Elgarion and Violet Ronso like this.
  19. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

some kind of damage shield gem might be nice also

Elgarion likes this.
  20. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Just realized Gauntlets of lead wont salvage for a pugilism gem/jewel, is there plans to add this bonus on gems/jewels any time soon?