R91 Spreadsheet Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Owsley, Jun 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Owsley

Owsley Bug Hunter

The Imbued Gems and Jewels spreadsheet has been updated with the R91 crafting rings salvaged jewel values.

Jay Nord, FrostII, Elgarion and 6 others like this.
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Daaaang, those are good. I wonder if the artis themselves are getting changed, too.

I suppose it makes sense; if the jewel that drops from a ring isn't as good as the ring, you're better off not salvaging it, except to make a necklace.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    Elgarion and Time Lord like this.
  3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

4. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Ok so wait, this means that if you have an epic, might as well salvage it for the 3 jewels which are now as strong as the jewels, that's insane!

5. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Ah nice, our total boost for MW/Enchant will be +30 levels (2x epics + necklace) instead of 22! Kinda bummed to see the base Alchemy skill leave the ring, but it is probably for the better. I'll put in the XP into the base skill to get my exceptional rate up, it will pay for itself eventually in extra exceptional crafting XP.

I'm interested to see the breakdown math Violet, because you're right it looks very odd at the moment. Existing epics could be broken down into 3 jewels, but new epics would be senseless as 3 rares (12 uncommons worth) would promise +30 stat, and on average even 6 uncommon with their 50% drop rate would give that, vs 32 uncommons for an epic. I'm assuming we've missed something, or that these will salvage according to different rules or that the stats will change.

Elgarion, Time Lord and Violet Ronso like this.
  6. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I like the gathering stuff, but I don’t even understand the point of imbued gems/jewels for crafting. When you’re crafting, you’re just crafting, so there is no trade off with anything else and you just use whatever gives the biggest bonus to what you’re doing. Doesn’t hurt anything I guess, but it’s a little weird.

7. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Ya, some initially you'd only be making necklaces for the ones where it's an arti ring and the jewel has the same bonus, but once I get special enchantment options added (socketing first, then enchant), crafted rings with imbued gems should become more appealing. The ones that come from arti gear in slots that cannot be socketed are completely additive to the bonus.

Hmmmm, maybe you misread the spreadsheet. I double checked. The artifact ring (Chryseospeiaoaiaoiaaofaoa) and the jewel will have both alchemy and alchemy enchantment bonuses.

8. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

Hmm, guess my pets won't get to watch me do any crafting for a while. But if we eventually get to socket taming necklaces I am so putting an alchemy gem on a rabbit necklace. I'd have to think which pets fit the other skills best.

9. Elgarion

I started testing sockets for taming necklaces but shelved it for R92 when there was some wonkiness to sort out. So far seems promising though.

Wilfred, .dao., Time Lord and 4 others like this.
  10. Coswald_Dirthmire

That I did! I was looking for both bonuses in the same column, like on the gem/jewel spreadsheet, thank you!

I'm still really curious on the ring count math though, is there something else that is going to consume these jewels? Many crafters are running dual epic crafting rings, or working towards them, and that looks like that will soon be enough to give two crafters a full set of bonuses. Even if these are socketed into crafted rings and one must roll on enchants for them, a crafted ring has 130 durability and an enchant fail only loses 12dur. 4 and 5 enchant rings are easy to get, and you can pick nearly whichever options you'd like.

Once a the piece is made it won't be worn in combat so will basically last forever, unless there is a new system like their taking dur hits on use. Currently a full set of crafting rings takes 64 uncommons to make, for dual epic rings. Under this system it would take an average of 6 uncommons to make a full set. I feel like I'm missing something, as I did with the stats spreadsheet.

FrostII, Time Lord and Violet Ronso like this.
  11. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Elgarion has dropped a few hints about enchants. Nothing concrete, but I feel that, like attunement gems, socketing with imbued gems may eventually open up yet-to-be-added enchantments. So maybe that epic ring is just as good as the crafted one, but enchanting the crafted one might give you a shot at something like a Stat Improvement enchant, that adds +x to any stat enchantments you add to items when the item is equipped. Or a +x% strength to all masterworks on carpentry items. Or whatever they might come up with.

Coswald_Dirthmire and Time Lord like this.
  12. Coswald_Dirthmire

Aye, but that exacerbates my confusion rather than alleviates it. It seems like the demand for these rings has mostly dropped to less than 10% of what it was, since 6 uncommons will do the job that it used to take 64 uncommons to do. Unless there's a major change in how enchants are applied to the crafting rings, or there are many many enchant options (literally hundreds), it seems like something that drops often and is already often considered an "essence artifact" is going to be even more overly abundant.

Mostly it seems like there are enough rings around now to give the full +30 set to the entire server several times over, and indeed a lot of folks that have less than a single legendary crafting ring, say 3 rare BMCs, will wake up and be able to salvage them for the full BMC set. Because of that I don't see the point of these rings going forward. A few will need to drop here and there to provide new jewels and whatnot, but wouldn't they mostly become no-use drop?

That's what makes me think I've missed something or that there is something else in the works, like the jewels also being consumables in some way.

13. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Ok, I'm just here to give Kudos for the multitasking you are capable of! You are LIVE on stream right now and have time to post in the forums?! You ANIMAL!

.dao., Sarek, FrostII and 3 others like this.
  14. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

That's just because he's an OP auto attack archer.

that_shawn_guy likes this.
  15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Ah, gotcha.

Maybe they'll lose durability if you wear them while crafting.

Elgarion and FrostII like this.
  16. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

@Elgarion can you check that cooking affects cooking time? If not(and I pretty sure it is not), such bonus for jewel just not make sense (50% of crit chance can be achieved very easily without imbued cooking jewel socketed necklace)

17. Elgarion

Ya, something to help crafted and artifact crafting gear have a life cycle would be nice at some point. Gathering ones you're out in the world so they'll take occasional durability hits, but not the others.

Cooking overall needs love. More skills, stats, effects etc. so we have more to pull from for artifacts, gems, jewels etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.