About archer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by deltalok, Jun 14, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Need Hagge to come back and try. Right now delta is around as good as they come except for Jemma.

Not asking for him to own everyone again, just out of 100 fights he should win a few with some nicely placed piecing and aimed crits instead to just critting for 150 a few times to drop a 3000 hp / 400 resist player down to 2500 hp before they drink a pot. Balance.

necronut likes this.
  2. Restless

Restless Avatar

Ah, so you are realizing potions are the problem after all? :)

arcdevil and necronut like this.
  3. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

How fast they can be drankededed is an issue. I definitely don't mind them because I don't heal and drink them from my utility bar with a very long cooldown so pretty limited. In-deck pots with Chaotic feedback is another thing.

Anpu and necronut like this.
  4. deltalok

deltalok Avatar

We just want balance in the game, that's all.
    I don't want super OP archer because that would be too bad, we want all classes to be able to kill in PVP, the only thing that will differentiate the player would be the player's own skills and speed

Anpu and necronut like this.
  5. sotasota4

sotasota4 Avatar

But not all the classes are able to kill in PVP, did an air or water mage ever kill you? )) Archer is one of the class that can kill more people in PVP, and if you can't kill tanks but can kill other classes - this is balanced. In my modest opinion the only thing to fix is the use of potions on dynamic slots - disable it.

6. Restless

Restless Avatar

Indeed. Maybe dmg mitigation would also play in for crit chance reduction. Scale crit chance to 0 at 150+ DR and the same with 200+ magic warding and 50+ dodge. In no other game can high dmg mitigation also do dmg.

necronut and arcdevil like this.
  7. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I think potions are going to be balanced in the near future. seems like some drink them like they have an endless supply :) that said there is always going to be a at least one bane for every class. just like in magic the opposite school can hurt real bad, well there are the same for the non magic classes now. That is not to say there is no way to beat but previous ways of going about it may no longer work and will require a lot more work to cut down some in certain cases.

8. necronut

necronut Avatar

Completely agree. From SWG to WoW to EQ and everything in between, tanks do almost no damage. The only DPS lower than a Tank's... is a Healer's.

If we're talking in terms of the "Holy Trinity" of Tank, DPS, and Heals... SotA is a game where everyone is eventually DPS, even the healers. We can debate the nuance of a "classless" and "limitless" system until we're blue in the face... but that conversation has been happening for literal years and gotten us literally nowhere.

I'm quite happy to see the progress that's been made, especially lately. But I think it's time for us to admit that our little game isn't going to escape the "Holy Trinity" trope... it's what I want. And lately, it seems like more and more people are discussing the game thus.

I'd love to be able to play a super high DR agro holding machine that depends 1000% on a good healer while the DPS on my team whittles down my target. And I'd love for the team experience to have obvious roles being filled instead of a party of 12 being made up entirely of tanky DPS, healy DPS, and DPSy DPS.

And yes, dynamic potion slots need nerfing. If I can't cast healing blast on myself, then why are dynamic potion slots able to basically render 99% of the Life tree useless. There's no reason to do anything with life outside of resurrect and purify when I can just chug potions and remain alive far easier.

I've always said Fire was going to be the last great nerf... but I'm starting to feel like dynamic potion chuggers are going to clutch their ring like Gollum and drag Frodo down into the lava with them.

The last thing I want to hear now is a "Don't nerf THIS... just bring everything else UP," it's just time to admit dynamic potion chugging is OP af.

9. Kinetic

Kinetic Avatar

After making a PVP deck using dynamic potion slots I finally lost all interest and hope of my mage returning full time. Some around a year and a half ago almost every PVP build thinkable was able to win fights with player skill, implementing some tactics and practicing this over and over again.

There is no skill in mashing the button for a dynamic slot with 15 heal pots in it with some damage spells sprinkled in.

Maybe I should have adapted to game changes better, maybe I shouldn't be so nostalgic about times I have had in this game. But I find no fun running these cheesy decks just to be viable, let alone competitive.

Sorgin Txakal, Restless and necronut like this.
  10. Kinetic

Kinetic Avatar

Air and water were more than viable in the past. I cannot remember exactly when but lightning stuns just no longer worked on players almost overnight so the effectiveness of the air tree was gone.

Water was quite effective in the past. Now, if I were to duel @Sara Dreygon and that epic build, I would burn my entire focus pool to 0 and be rendered useless before Sara would even consider to chug a healing pot just to maintain full health. :)

Spinok, Violet Ronso and necronut like this.
  11. Restless

Restless Avatar

Indeed, the fights I remember are the difficult ones which required a lot of player skill.

These days not only is everything broken, but they also hand out pvp participation trophies. As if sota wasn’t already care bear enough.

Kinetic and necronut like this.
  12. jrs99

jrs99 Bug Hunter

Hey now!

Sorgin Txakal and Violet Ronso like this.
  13. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Hey Now. This is what dreams are made of.....

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Kinetic one of the best players in team fight in Sota BTW for all the time ) So pls keep it in the mind.

15. Restless

Restless Avatar

Really? Tell me more.

necronut and Violet Ronso like this.
  16. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Well, the problem is that the archer was balanced before the bard was. This is why I have kept saying, over and over again, balance barding first before looking at archers.

This rollercoaster of trying to fix/balance the things that barding skills made insanely powerful while leaving barding in an unfinished - "to be fully realized soon" - state is very frustrating.

This is why I dropped archery and my air/tactics build months ago. So many people just kept screaming "Archers are OP!" while running around in heavy armor with zero cast time, zero focus cost, OP barding skills and being able to blink and have a shield and root and body-slam/charge & having a melee weapon & drink infinite potions with no cooldown.

So what did Chris do when everyone kept screaming Archers are OP! He kept revisiting archery with the nerf bat over and over again instead of the systemic issues that is being able to fully utilize bard skills that are insanely powerful with no downsides at all while being able to consume infinite potions with no cooldown.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    necronut likes this.
  17. Restless

Restless Avatar

Deltalok himself hit me for 1800 health with rapid through heavy spec. Jemma is still doing 3k+ rapid in pve. Archer is still op and needs another nerf.

necronut likes this.
  18. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Honest question did you have a shield for both of those occasions?

necronut, Anpu and Sorgin Txakal like this.
  19. necronut

necronut Avatar

If you knew @Kinetic better, you'd know how flattered he was that @Restless agreed with him. So pls keep that in mind additionally.

20. Kota

Kota Avatar

Before even thinking about ballance anything. Potions in dynamic deck needs to go. Then many more builds than polearm will be viable. Even archers with the right setup. Air archers are done tough :)

Sara Dreygon and necronut like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.