1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Submitted 69317] Summoned Undead attack damage doesn't seem to scale much with higher summon skill

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills & Magic' started by thesometimeslurker, Jun 25, 2021.

1. thesometimeslurker

thesometimeslurker Avatar

1. Title: Issues with Summoned Undead attacks, scaling and Undead Mastery.
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker: No
    4. Details: Summoned Undead seem to be scaling improperly in terms of damage and health despite the xp cost to level up their skills, and Undead Mastery seems to hardly have any effect at all on them.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Step 1: Log into the game. Step 2: Enter a location where a summon skill can be used. Step 3: Summon the Lich/Skeleton Footman/Skeleton Mage. Step 4: Order the Death Summon to attack a target. Step 5: Note the damage the pet deals. Step 6: Raise the level of the Death Summon by 5-10 levels and/or the Undead Mastery skill by the same amount. Step 7: Order the Undead to attack again. Step 8: Note how the health and damage of the Death Summon doesn't seem to change too much.
    6. User Specs: PC running Windows 10, 64 bit OS, Game Release 91

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  2. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I'm testing with a practice dummy, and not seeing the occasional low damage hit with either skeleton warrior or lich warrior.

3. thesometimeslurker

Nevermind, it seems like that part is gone now, I'll edit my bug post rq.

4. Echondas

thanks - I’ll do some more testing tonight or this weekend.

thesometimeslurker likes this.
  5. Echondas

Testing on QA -- I had Undead Mastery at 120 - I dropped it to 80 - and I'm seeing reduced damage from my lich fighter attacking a practice dummy, and its total HP went from 1382 to 1282. So that skill is definitely helping, just maybe not as much as one would like..

I summoned a skeleton with 120 skill and its max HP was 1164 and I observed its damage. I dropped the skill to 40 and max HP went to 976 and its damage seemed about the same.
    Seeing the damage at 120 vs. 40 being roughly the same (I wasn't using any DPS meters, etc).

(in all these tests, I dismissed and re-summoned at the new skill level)

I think there might be a bug or tweak needed regarding the damage between summon skeleton 120 vs. 40 being roughly the same - so I'm going to update the bug title and mark this verified.

thesometimeslurker and Anpu like this.
  6. thesometimeslurker

Thank you very much!

7. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Submitted: Issue 69317

Xee and thesometimeslurker like this.