1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Please let us kill the NPC clothing & sculpture merchants in encounters for negative virtue and loot

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Sorgin Txakal, Jun 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Like, it is already a chore to try to complete the daily quests for the encounters, but I have gone through huge dry spells of getting nothing but the same pilgrim and then npc merchants while not a single bounty slip or ecology survey ticket.

I wouldn't mind so much if the scenes were actually worth farming for loot, nodes, xp, etc. (that's a whole other wish list request in itself) but what spawned this request is today after getting 3 peasant clothing merchants in a row from 3 separate unicorn encounters, it occurred to me that I wanted to kill that NPC merchant and nothing should be stopping me from doing so.

There are so few means of lowering virtue as it is, so I think lowering our love virtue by killing NPC merchants in encounters as we act as bandits is perfectly reasonable. The loot the merchants then will drop could be loosely based off what they are selling, but with the vast majority broken/burnt/shredded/etc. so you mostly get some raw materials and whatever gold coins they had one them.

Wilfred, Tahru, Vaentorian and 5 others like this.
  2. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Sounds like a cool idea, would be really fun to see it implemented. There might be a problem with the NPC spawning in an AoE and being killed, or getting killed by an over-anxious fire mage whose statue lust has them forgetting to cancel immolation or some such. New players (for whom even a minor virtue change can make a bigger difference) might also kill them on sight, not realizing they're neutral characters. Maybe they could be put into fight mode through a dialogue option?

Wilfred and Vaentorian like this.
  3. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

The peasant clothing merchants really bug me, probably not so much that I'd murder them, but there is something vaguely obnoxious about how they saunter in, barely mutter thanks for saving their sorry behind, then try to flog me garments which are supposedly aimed at the poorest citizens yet cost hundreds of gp. I'd definitely support reworking these in some way.

Wilfred and Sorgin Txakal like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.