1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Add More Options to Commission Free Vendors

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Cairo Hayden, Jul 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

@Elgarion

Any chance we could see some additional quality of life option(s) added to our player vendors.

Example;

-If I'm listing 10 of the same item(s) allow me to list all 10 at once and put a set value on them if I choose to so it could list the same 10 item(s) for 5k each.

-After we list 100 item(s) it's painful to have to remove the 100 items and relist the 100 items if we want to lower the prices. Any chance you could make it where we can right click the item already listed and give us an "edit price" option and change it this way so it's less steps to have to relist it at a different price?

-An option to ban players you don't want to buy from your vendors.

I could think up some other ideas but these are some I had off the top of my head.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
  2. Mikal Raine

Mikal Raine Bug Hunter

Yes please.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

why specify commission-free only?

i'd love to know that the things i sell are going to people who will appreciate them rather than people will resell them, but they'll just make alts. accounts are free.

Archer likes this.
  4. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

I've often thought about how great it would be if, when we collect our receipts from the mail, if the receipt had a clickable option to restock the item at the quantity and price previously listed if there is sufficient stock in my bank.

Cairo Hayden likes this.
  5. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

You can ban people from the lot itself, but as Alley pointed out, they can just create alts to bypass. A solution I considered was putting guild vendors in a guild dungeon that is protected by a door only kindred can use. This ultimately was just more trouble than it was worth, as you are making an inconvenient place for people to go shop at and most good deals for friends/guild mates are arranged verbally and exchanged in person or in the mail anyway.

Ultimately though, its never worth it to try to block people from using your vendor. Even people I block on discord, in the game, and here on the forums aren't blocked from my properties and vendors. Disliking people is one thing, trying to create walls in an already small community economy is just inviting frustration.

6. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

YOU place something on your vendor.
    YOU Set a price.
    PLAYER PAYS YOUR PRICE.
    What do you care what they do with it after the sale?

See above.

Anpu and jrs99 like this.
  7. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

First off, you are right. I set the price, player pays the price. As far as why do I care what they do with the product I sold them afterwards, it is my business if I choose to make it my business, especially when I know what is happening with the product they are buying from me. I want to provide affordable resources of value to everyone, but the select few who have the resources to acquire all these resources and leaving none for everyone else will set prices super high, forcing players to pay super high prices because they did not have the opportunity to buy them at a lower price.

Right now, we have players who acquire high amounts of gold in-game, and who have the resources to do so, going out daily looking for these so called "bargain deals" on specific items. These items are desirable items such as ore, COTOs, and other items of high interest as well but I will not list them all. What is happening, is players can only mine so fast, but not fast enough to where the buyers are running out of gold. So what happens, the players who are hoarding all these items are going and listing for huge mark-up. Sure, it's free market capitalism, I'm not saying players don't have the right to do this. However, like any organization, such as internet services, pharmaceutical companies, etc., what keeps them in check is competition. Do you think the competition sells their product to their competitors at a super low prices so they can just control the market and double it for profits? NO. Same in the game, allowing me the option to ban these capitalist from my vendor, allows ME and OTHERS the right to post prices at a more reasonable prices to other players, in the end making others have to lower the price if they wish to sell their products. If they lose the option to buy from us cheap, they lose the opportunity to make huge profits off everybody. This balances the economy, rather then a select few having completely control over it.

Allowing us to ban people of our choice from our vendors will require some changes in-game to work. IP bans specifically would be the #1 help, because as some of mentioned players will make new accounts and use that as a work around. Whether or not Catnip decides this option is better or worse for the game is completely up to them and whether or not they like the idea of a select few controlling the economy or allowing everyone to be competitive by us having the choice of WHO and WHO we DO NOT sell to.

This really isn't up for debate, this is a wishlist section and I have given my valid reasons of why I believe we should have these choices. You have the right to your opinions as do I. If you can come up with more valid reasons then mine of why we should not have the option to ban people we want from our vendors, please feel free to come up with a detailed reason to change my mind and anyone else who might agree with my logic.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
    Archer likes this.
  8. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

I understand. The way the game is designed now people can work around this feature by creating new alts. Though as I mentioned in another post just now, Catnip would have to implement an IP ban to banned players. This shouldn't be that difficult because I'm sure if a player were to cheat/exploit the game to the point Devs wanted to ban them permanently they would do it by IP address, not just allow them to make a new account.

Blocking people for legitimate reasons is not inviting frustration, especially to the majority. It might create frustration for those making huge amounts of profits from people who are price fixing in the economy right now, but how is price fixing not inviting frustration itself? I would rather take care of the majority then a select small group personally, but perhaps you can convince me of why 1% of the player population is worth catering too over the remaining 99%?

9. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

Yes, it would be for sure a quality of life addition and I think this would benefit a lot of players.

Sorgin Txakal likes this.
  10. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

Alley Oop likes this.
  11. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    There are two simple things I want in QOL vendor changes.

1. Let me edit prices without removing and relisting. This is enough to provoke anger when prices change.
    I'm small potatoes in the merchant world, but I still have like 7 vendors.

2. Please show the name of the vendor who sold the item. I'd like to know which one of my vendors is selling the most.

that_shawn_guy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.