1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Row-Size House with a yard

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Tirrag, Jul 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

It would be nice to have a row-size house with actual yard space to deco. Maybe resize/repackage the 2k housing vendor Shingle-Roof village as a start?

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

You can have a row home with a yard using say a village lot deed then using a row lot house with it. Will have a whole yard to play with. Can also do that with the larger size lots too.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

Thank you for the reply Anpu. I think I was looking for more the opposite where the important thing is utilizing my row-size deeds but with a house (not of the current row styles) that can have outdoor deco space.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I sometimes use a open land lot, placing a "small tent", adding a basement that I use much the same as a house. This leaves yard space for most anything of small dimensions. One of those garden sheds works nicely too. Add a few pavers for flooring and it's just like a mini-home. Garden sheds can also have lighting mounted or other small wall hangings.
    "Fancy Storage Shed" it's called in the home outdoors building section of the COTO Store (700 coto).
    You could fit 12-20 or so crops and a vender outside using that shed or small tent as a house.
    ~Time Lord~

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
    FrostII likes this.
  5. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

For Row lots didn't they make it so you must always have a house placed, you can only replace the default one with another house deed? Unlike larger lots where you can keep them vacant and just add deco structures.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

They have an empty row lot home which you can buy from the COTO store which I do have a couple of those and combined with the Fancy Storage Shed/wooden pavers is what I have used to date. It would be nice though if there were an actual house with a yard. One thing I do like about using the empty lot and storage shed is I can position the shed where I want it.

Anpu, Vaentorian and Time Lord like this.
  7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

In the COTO Shop, look under Homes and choose "row homes", and on the third page you will see "Empty Land (Row Home)" for 985 COTO. Other than that option, I don't know.

I'd like to see that! Maybe a very small gnome home :D Something like how basements operate where when you enter, it's in an entirely new instance.
    ~TL~:)

Vaentorian likes this.
  8. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

If you have several row deeds, just place one row deed and in front of your house, butt another row deed with the backside facing the marker of your original deed. You can use the first deed for your house and the 2nd deed for your yard using the empty row lot deed.

I understand it would be nice to not have to spend extra money for this but unfortunately the row lots are so small it would be very difficult to get any house on a row lot and leave room for a yard. Maybe one day though!

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there are not many village houses that are small enough to fit on a row lot, but for the few that can, copied versions tagged for row lots COULD be made, or changing the existing ones to row and adding the placement data for all lots to them.

also, the garden sheds do work well.

[​IMG]

10. redfish

redfish Avatar

There are row homes in real life with a backyard space, often shared with other homes in the row, so yea it would be nice to imitate that in the game too.

Imo t would be difficult to size a row home to have yard space, however...

Something I always wanted was for row homes to adapt, so when there was no lot behind them, they could have an exit in the back, no lot to the side, an exit to the side. Then you could have a garden lot in back of your home lot.

But then again, it would also be nice to have row homes that did have a larger setback in front, so you could place a market stall there, and for instance have a stall with fruits and vegetables or flowers like in a flower shop in front of your home.

I'm not sure how the home would be structure but would be nice to see if they could pull it off. It might even only need a shortened first story, with upper stories normal sized.

Tirrag and Time Lord like this.
  11. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

From what I recall you can't deco the walls of the Fancy Storage Shed. Maybe that's something @Elgarion can add to his to-do list.

edit: ignore. it was changed at some point.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
    Elgarion and Time Lord like this.
  12. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

There are a small few spots on it.
    ~TL~

13. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i have a couple of wall shelves, a cloak, and a huge fabric up in mine, off the top of my head

Anpu and Time Lord like this.
  14. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

Thanks, double checked and ya they must have corrected that at some point.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.