1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Longer and better, re: Decos against deco limits

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by redfish, Jul 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

Hi,

I'm planning out a POT, and I'm running against the POT deco limits -- not because I'm trying to use the POT space for what I would use a lot for, but because I'm laying out large stretches of wall, fence, and road, as well as putting trees for ornamentation, and a few other things. I'm doing all of this to strengthen and improve the structural design of the POT as well as beautify it.

While one approach would be to ask for POT deco limits to be increased, really half the problem could be solved by providing longer, and in some cases, shorter, pieces of some decorations.

For example, Stone Straight Castle Walls are very, very short, and there's only one size of them. On the other hand, we're able to take a Straight Roadway Paver, and combine it into longer sizes, to x2, x3, and x4. I'd ideally like to craft castle walls to those sizes, because it would cut down my deco count dramatically. I'm also using Tall Rough Stone Fences, which are a little better, because there's a medium and a long size, which is about x2. But having a x3 and x4 of those fences would also cut down my deco count dramatically.

Of course, x6 and x8 versions of all of these, including the roads, would also cut down the number of deco.

There's a opposite problem in that you are sometimes in a position of trying to fit together different pieces, and smaller pieces would help. So I know for Rough Stone Walls and Hedges, there are "Little" pieces that are lacking for castle walls, roadway pavers, tall/short rough stone fences. Sometimes having a Little piece allows you to condense the size of a structure by fitting it more neatly together.

One last thing is that in two places I want to put up tall, thin "posts" to attach signs and lanterns to, so I'm using 1Wx4Hx1L Dark Rough Stone Blocks, but I need three or more (at 0.80x size) to create the size and length I need. The thing is that even 3 deco objects is really expensive against the deco count limits.

It seems like it should not be too hard to give players more options on this, and there are more than one benefit.
    - Allowing players more flexibility to make their POTs structurally better and more beautiful. Which means better POTs.
    - Faster loading POTs because less deco means things loads faster.

Thank you!

2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Maybe if "some things" could not take so many deco slot points. Something as simple as a fog generator takes up as many as 3 (if I remember correctly).
    Such things as these and fencing cost we players a bundle of COTO'$, and adjusting how much POT deco points things as this take up could go a long way towards selling more of them.

My 2 cents... :)~TL~

Fetid SirDidy and Tahru like this.
  3. redfish

redfish Avatar

Certainly, if people can put more things in a POT, many players will buy more things to put in their POT.

Fetid SirDidy, Tahru and Time Lord like this.
  4. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

I think the pavers and walls, among others, should use fewer points as a quick fix to this. Those seem like POT decorations you need a lot of to produce anything of interest.

5. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    I will try to keep this short but no guaranties ;). In my POTs I always use bought or crafted pavers for roads, walkways, and large sign and pictures viewable from roof tops. When my POT was a Holdfast it was not possible. So that contributed to my upgrading my town. I think infrastructure items like roads, walkways,docks, lights, vegetation, and POT buildings should be a very low count or no count to a POTs design. Charge for the NPCs, Lots, and Deco that is not critical to a POT among other things. Think of how much more a town could be if we had the ability to add infrastructure to make it more like a town. Even more viable now that performance has been improved and does not slow the loading of a POT.

6. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yea I forgot, I want to be able to put in street signs too, and street lamps, I don't know if I'll be able to do that.

Imagine if when the Portalariun designers who made Brittany, Ardoris, etc had the same limits players did, how different and how much worse they would look

Fetid SirDidy, Anpu and Time Lord like this.
  7. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Is there a doc with the current limits in it? I found an old doc, but I am not sure if anything has changed.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

9. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

Every time I get tempted to buy a POT I remind myself of the item limit weirdness I have heard about and that dissuades me. I have enough experience with begging for more lights for my lots... no way I wanna do that for a POT as well.

Grimbone, Anpu and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.