www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map/

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Tahru, Jul 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I remember sotamaps.com was a really cool idea in EP1. It's biggest issue was that it lacked integration with the game to be able to keep up with the lots listing and POT's moving around.

Now I see that it has been taken over by the game here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map/
    Which seems like a great idea so it can be integrated with the game better.

However, it is not being updated or cared for. Much of the info is no longer correct and the EP2 map is not even on it.

I am just curious what is the intent here? It seems to recognize my SotA account which is interesting, but I can't edit anything. So...

1. Is this going to be maintained?
    2. If so
      1. By whom, the company or the community?
      2. Will the EP2 map be added, because its not possible to maintain without all the possible locations?
    3. If not, should it just be taken down, because it is no longer useful with incomplete and bad data?
    4. If it is going to be taken down, then perhaps someone in the community would be interested in taking it over on their own server.
    There is a lot of empathy here for projects like this that community members created with much love. As much as it sucks, it is in the best interest of the game to provide current and accurate information to its members, especially the new ones. So, removing inaccurate data and tools is really necessary and will hurt the game more than the memory otherwise.

I was not sure where to post this question, feel free to move it to the right place.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    ConjurerDragon likes this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This happened years ago.
    I think their priority is the in-game map, but I'd really like to see the web map get some love too.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.