1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Submitted 69421] The Oracle is slow to respond to keywords

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations & NPCs' started by Lained, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Lained

Lained Avatar

1. Title: The Oracle is slow to respond to keywords
    2. Reproducible: 100$
    3. Blocker: No.
    4. Details: When interacting with The Oracle it take several attempts before it responds to keywords. This was fixed a while ago but returned not long there after, @Chaos Shadowstorm mentioned it in Discord so bugging here.

5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
      CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz (4) System RAM: 16284
      GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6052
      SotA.Win.64.1331.Date.01.02.21
      Area: POT_island_metropolis_01a_template/Lained
      Area Display Name: Lained
      Loc: (-61.2, 77.7, -479.6)
      Debug: UE9UX2lzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYV90ZW1wbGF0ZXxMYWluZWR8KC02MS4xODUsIDc3LjY4OCwgLTQ3OS41ODUpfCgwLCAtMC45NzksIDAsIDAuMjA2KXwyMDYuNzYyN3wxMi45Mzc5N3wxNS4wMTM2Mg==​

Anpu likes this.
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@Lained , I don't think the problem is what you think it is. The delay happens when you do the Oracle's test at the start of your session, correct? The delay you're seeing is one that always happens not because of a conversation issue, but because a delay often happens the first time you get a loot reward in a game session.

Try this test next time you log in: Instead of taking the Oracle's test right away, go kill any enemy and loot it... it could even be just a rabbit. You'll probably see the loot-collection delay. Then go take the Oracle's test and you'll find there's not delay in the conversation.

Unfortunately, there's no fix at this time for the first-loot-in-a-session delay.

Anpu likes this.
  3. Lained

Lained Avatar

So initially I thought it might be deco still loading after logging in but tested that by waiting a while and still saw the same results.

I don't adventure much sound your idea sounded plausible but I just gave that a test too by taking down and looting a zombie and as you can see still the same.

4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Lained I've had this happen before also, and it was fixed -- here's the link

@Sannio perhaps similar to issue 66083 from the link above?

5. Lained

Lained Avatar

@Echondas I can recall a fix as mentioned in the first post but it resumed not long after. I keep meaning to test in NPC town, will do that tonight at reset.

Echondas likes this.
  6. Lained

Lained Avatar

@Sannio & @Echondas I just tested in Central Brittany and it worked perfectly with no delays.

Anpu and Echondas like this.
  7. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

FYI - @Lained with the help of my guildmate Zadien, I tested this on your exact POT - but unfortunately the Oracle responded immediately.

8. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

I'm still seeing this. At least in BloodMark.

1) Login
    2) Teleport to BloodMark
    3) Run to the Oracle and take the test

I have to answer the test at least twice. Even waiting several seconds between answers.

Sannio has already stated they they have figure out that it has nothing to do with the conversation itself and that there is no known fix for now.

Since it's a known issue, we can probably stop trying to figure out exactly how to reproduce it.

9. Lained

Lained Avatar

@Anpu mentioned in Discord that this might be caused by conversation close-ups being disabled so I turned on the setting and The Oracles response was instant.

Another test.

Disabled the conversation close-ups again and returns to a slow response.

cc: @Sannio

Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  10. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

This is great information! Thanks for sharing your tests. I'm adding a tip related to this in the Known Issues doc (www.shroudoftheavatar.com/knownissues). This specific type of delay is new to me, so I'm adding it as a new issue, #69421.

Violet Ronso, Anpu and Lained like this.