1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Quest Log / Journal wishlists

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Violet Ronso, Jul 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

A very very good upgrade to the quest log / journal would be to add tabs and separate the quests by categories in these tabs. I know someone else suggested something similar in a thread or discord, but I'mn just making an official wishlist for this.

The current quest log is cluttered, disorganized and hard to look through. It becomes super easy to go from current quests to completed quests without noticing the difference, and repeatable quests aren't flagged as such in the journal, which means we have to rely on remembering every conversation, or using some out of game source like Anpu's lists, or the Release notes if you can remember which one updated which quests and what not.

The suggestion : Have different tabs on the side of the quest log (or like the recipe book?) where you have "Main Story Quest, Side-Quests, Daily/Repeatable Quests, Completed Quests" Tabs. Main and side quests would clear out (or get moved to the completed quests tab) as they get completed, meanwhile the quests in the daily/repeated would remain (but could get some sort of visible flag if it has been completed today.)

Another solution, but also a very interesting option would be to have a list on the left side, categorized, ex:

Code:
    Main quest
     > Quest name here
    Side quests
     > Side quest 1
     > Side quest 2
    Daily/Repeatable quests
     > Daily 1
     > Daily 2
    Completed quests
    When you would click on the category, it would filter in/out the quests from that category, meanwhile if you would click the quest name, the quest information would appear on the right side.

These are my 2 ideas for the quest log, @DavidDC if you were looking for ideas!

2. Trikktor

Trikktor Avatar

I agree with this for quest would make life way easier. I just hate having to flip through the book to figure out which quest I have then I lose interest of doing them and move on to something else instead.

FrostII and Violet Ronso like this.
  3. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I believe most quests, if not all? have "names" for the quest, ie: "Students of Virtue" -- I would like to see a table of contents type view, with the quest name, completion steps/status, difficulty level, and summary notes, which can be clicked on to expand more detail.

Here's an example from Wasteland 3, another Unity game.

[​IMG]

4. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

It would also be great to know what reward you are going to get so that you can know if you are interested in doing the quest or not, and have the option to delete missions from the journal.

Adam Crow likes this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

It would also be beneficial if the journal tabs included game feature information as well as mentioned in another thread. Such as tabs for housing system, crafting system, music system (group play and solo playing), decoration system, dungeon system, pvp system (pvp quests needed @Sannio ), etc. Right there for players to find not lost in a book in their inventories. @Elgarion.

6. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Dude, I hate to tell you this but your code will not compile... ;)

Anpu and Violet Ronso like this.
  7. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Ill check what i can do

Wilfred, Adam Crow, Anpu and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.