QA Test Directive: Recipes highlights

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by DavidDC, Jul 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Please use this thread to provide feedback to the team relating to the QA Test Directive for the recipes highlights.

The team looks forward to hearing from you!

Please see the Test Directive here: Test Directive

Coswald_Dirthmire and FrostII like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

(for anyone looking, players' current build is 1219 and this does not seem to be in for testing yet.)

1220 is up!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  3. DavidDC

Oops, thought it was in already, will be in next patch!

4. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

It is in now! Looking good so far! Thank you!

For me there is enough of a contrast and I have seen it in vendor ui and in a placed bag so far. Interested to hear from people who have any colorblindness or other vision issues to see if they are different enough.

Edit: In my own inventory the unread recipes are listed as a separate section just after locked items but before books, while the recipes I had before in my inventory (which I know all of) are listed alphabetically with regular items. Is this intentional?

Edit 2: Ok unread recipes are sorted separately in my inventory, in placed containers, in the bank and on player vendors. It was only when I went to buy the recipe from the merchant originally that they were mixed in with the recipes I already know.

Wilfred and Coswald_Dirthmire like this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

looks good! looked at my own inventory, a container in my inventory, a placed container, an npc merchant, a player vendor, a public vendor, my bank, a container in my bank, and a recipe placed as deco.

the one placed as deco did not show the coloring but i don't think that's a priority as people usually want to leave those as deco. the coloring would have to be shown in the pop-up if you wanted to include it.

i did not have someone handy to test a trade window and i have no way to get one into the reward window.

a minor note: if i move a whole stack of a recipe i don't know into my inventory and then learn it, the color of the rest fo the stack changes immediately. however, if i open a container of recipes and move one of a stack into my inventory and learn it, the stack remaining in the container doesn't change color until i do something to update that window.

6. DavidDC

That should not happen. Ill try to get it to sort correctly with other item like before just color changed.

Nightmare! ;p Ill see what i can do!

Wilfred, Anpu, Elgarion and 1 other person like this.
  7. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Yeh, I could barely tell which recipe was not learned....See pic below, I have not learned the wooden pipe recipe, but it almost looks the same color as the other recipes (which I have learned). I have the same issue when it's in my inventory.

[​IMG]

8. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

This is a great QOL item, thank you! The contrast is a bit low for me as well, especially when a single unlearned recipe is mixed in with known recipes, like in Rinaldi's image. If I'm honest I quite liked the unlearned ones sorting separately, I guess right above the learned ones would be ideal (though I doubt the sorting system's set up to make that easy?). That said, just having them a different color gives us 99% of the advantage, and it might be more intuitive for folks to have them still sort alphabetically with learned recipes.

Really curious to hear if there's an uptick in recipes sold after this goes live. I know I'll be running around to all the major recipe vendors and finishing off some collections myself.

Wilfred, DavidDC and Elgarion like this.
  9. DavidDC

Ill make it darker! Thanks for your inputs guys!

10. AMoldyPotato

AMoldyPotato Avatar

Recipe color is very helpful-looks good

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Elgarion, Anpu and Coswald_Dirthmire like this.
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Was checking out this change today and love it!!! Thank you so much for adding that!! :D

12. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

13. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

I went around today picking up a bunch of recipes I'd missed. One man band uniforms and light green dye and things. That was much easier with the highlighting, but what I hadn't thought about was the adventuring side of it.

It's exciting to loot a mob and see the purple name in the loot window, knowing you've got a new recipe before you even get a chance to read the name. I wish I were still a beginner crafter, watching nice new purple recipes pop up in inventory as I open grey bundles. Great change.

Anpu, DavidDC, Elgarion and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.