Dead Bodies

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Dartan Obscuro, Feb 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

I spend some hours in Tanglemire today. Got 56 croc carcasses, 55 croc heads, 6 waterlilies - and no dead bodies.
    Dead bodies are needed for 2 daily quests and apparently now also the source of resources. I find it really unfair to be forced into PvP-areas to find some!

Ysold.

Duursyrras and Anpu like this.
  2. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I wonder if you take a virtue hit for butchering them.

3. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Another try to find a dead body at Tanglemire. 59 crocodile carcasses, 58 crocodile heads, 11 water lilies - and no dead bodies.

Please please give me a chance to do the daily (monthly?) quests!

Duursyrras and Anpu like this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Punishing us lower level players by reducing the rate of dead bodies on crocodile and then just increasing it for dragons and wyverns doesn’t feel like a real solution.

Perhaps set them to a base drop rate for all creatures.

Duursyrras and Ysold like this.
  5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Living plants in Shardfalls drop a ton of em!

Since PvP is currently no ransom, this means you lose absolutely nothing if you die to a player in a PvP scene, so head over to a shardfall like Paladis Shardfall, kill a few flesh flayers or Chaos Plants, should take you under 10 kills to get your 2 bodies!

Anpu and Ysold like this.
  6. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

What is your skinning level? 144 here. 9 crocs, 3 bodies. I've got over 450 of them if you want some.

EDIT: Finished a "lap" through the 'Mire. 36 crocs, 3 bodies.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    Anpu and Ysold like this.
  7. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

120 Skinning. I think I killed about 80 crocs today, maybe more.
    And I thank you for your offer, but this plea is not just for me, it's also for other players in the same situation.
    I'm more concerned about what is fair and what a player reasonably can expect.

I know, but the NPC's that offer the daily quests that require those dead bodies are not in PVP areas and also not in high level zones. So I don't think it's reasonable or fair to expect players to go to those areas for a relatively simple daily quest.

Anpu likes this.
  8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

It's not expected, I simply gave you Intel on an easy source. There are other sources, if you don't like it, use other ones, but I think providing the info for those who are searching is still important.

Paladis Shardfall is a T5 scene with mobs averaging 400-600 health, unless I'm wrong, this is a very fair challenge level for a daily quest. I spent hours grinding Paladis shardfall, and came across 2 PvPers who killed me and then went on their merry way, took it as if I died from fighting a tougher mob, and that was it.

9. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

Tanglemire seems inconsistent with dead bodies. Sometimes getting one every dozen crocs and sometimes killing 50 without any. Wyverns in Ulfheim seem more consistent with one every 12-14
    vj

Anpu and Violet Ronso like this.
  10. Duursyrras

Duursyrras Avatar

i spent a while over the past couple days to see if more than 1 Leg Croc would spawn in Tanglemire, but that appears to be it; i kill it, it respawns after too long a period to make it worth farming them there. maybe i'm wrong though about it only being Leg Crocs and higher that drop them?

11. Duursyrras

Duursyrras Avatar

i'd forgotten about Night Vision, and i just turned graphic settings like 'shadow distance' to none or off. super difficult to spot! Alley Oop sent me this image to help:
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.