1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Transporter to allow quick travel to another lot

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Toular, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toular

Toular Avatar

Okay, so yes I'm lazy. I own two lots in the sane NPC town (and I'm thinking about snapping-up a neighboring lot). It would be nice to be able to have a quick-travel device to teleport between the two lots.

So, how about a pair of "linked" teleporters that would allow you to teleport from one to the other? I'm thinking a crown store item that, when used (or simply walked onto) will transport you to the other one.

They would be a matched pair that would allow transport to a lot that the user has access to - in the same town. They could be used within the same lot also, I suppose but that's not the primary purpose.

Could be made craftable too, I suppose.

Time Lord, Tirrag, FBohler and 2 others like this.
  2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Great idea! I bet these would be very popular for players with large/guild houses. And a lot of people own more than one house in the same town, so I could see a lot of these being purchased from the crown store! @Elgarion

3. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

I was thinking about this, and I think I may have a pretty simple way of implementing this. Let us right click a property marker and purchase a teleport to that marker for cotos or gold. Then the coding would use the property marker for the teleport target. To keep it simple, it would carry a title of "row lot in Ardoris" that could be renamed or reset to that default.

It wouldn't be two-way but you could certainly buy that second teleport just as easily.

Tirrag, Time Lord, Anpu and 2 others like this.
  4. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I deleted my other response after thinking about it more. I think you have a great idea for implementation here that would be perfect for the OP.

I would also love to see something similar to the pot town teleporters we can buy in crown store. I think it would be useful to a lot of people to be able to teleport up to their roof, or up to the top of one of those big towers, etc.

5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Or another option, have current teleporters have the ability to link a specific "named lot" to the teleport instead of fast travel sign, town crier or POT/NPC town entrance.

Set Teleport to POT or NPC Town ~Lot Name~
    [​IMG]

Then selling even smaller teleports or modifying the town hatches to have the ability to be set on a lot (those hatches could fit on a row lot) could become quite COTO Shop profitable.

:D Yep!' :D

and~
    From one lot to another lot within the same town teleports could be made cheaper, as they could not allow teleporting to outside the town destinations.

~Time Lord~

PS~ There is one thing about using teleports to know of, if you use them very much, many many times within one log-in, sometimes some street lights can turn different colors.
    *To fix this, log out and back in and everything is fine again :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  6. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

There are already sign teleporters and I use them just for that purpose to travel around my POT.
    They are available at the Crown store, and I see them as a way to "pay back" the game and developers for their efforts.

Lained likes this.
  7. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Yeah, I would like to see that concept copied and the teleporters made smaller so that they can easily be placed on lots. Then they would be usable in either pot & npc towns. They would function very similar to those, except each player could have their own independent network of teleporters within a town.

8. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I'm hoping someday we can do something with the hot air balloons. Maybe actually fly them :)

But then I think I'd prefer movable boats first.

And mini transporters would be cool. Love to add that to my lots. Maybe a version that would fit easily on a row or village lot.

Lord Stein, Anpu and Adam Crow like this.
  9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Maybe we could buy extra lot binding locations, just as the destination list are on teleports.
    ~Time Lord~

10. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Jumping jack flash! An avatar shooting air cannon. :)

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG] Anything that makes me laugh that hard has got to be a great idea!

12. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

We had a cannon that shot us out for a quest in Wildstar - you got shot out of a cannon and had to try to hit a target in a pool.
    (20 minute mark in this video )

Time Lord and Tahru like this.
  13. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Love it

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

A cannon seems physics challenging nd a teleport pad/gate/rift or whatever seems sort of normal or common of an idea, maybe pneumatic travel could be a better option.
    Something as simple as jumping into or standing on an open pipe, like jumping into a hole in the ground.

[​IMG]
    The Jetsons had many such pneumatic tube travel devices.
    Kobold Pneumatic Transport Tube?
    ~Time Lord~

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    Tahru likes this.
  15. Owsley

Owsley Bug Hunter

I have multiple dungeons and would love a teleporter to connect them. It would open up the player made quest building possibilities.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.