How do use combos

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shypwreck, Jul 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shypwreck

shypwreck Avatar

I tried looking up videos etc for help. But from what I seen it is out of date (2017 etc).
    I tried following the steps, but nothing works

I tried creating the combo key in the hot key bar, does not work. I tried activating it in combat by pressing "R". Nothing happens.

For example: Shock arrow; I need Aimed shot and discharge.

I need exact steps please.

Any help?

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

This Playlist is probably the best out there for the majority of combat questions.

For a direct answer, you need the following

At least 1 dynamic slot including one of the 2 glyphs you want to use + the other skill locked OR
    At least 2 dynamic slots with both glyphs you want to use

You then want to do either

1. Drag and drop one glyph on top of the other
    2. Press R, then the 2 different glyphs keys
    3. Press and hold one of the keys, then tap the other key

These 3 methods will create your combo

3. Toular

Toular Avatar

Or, if, say you have a dynamic deck and Gust of Wind in shows up in slot 6 and "Aimed Shot" shows up in slot 9, you can create the combo by pressing 6 and 9 at the same time. The resulting combo, "Piercing Breeze" will now be in either slot 6 or 9 - which one depends (I think) on which key you pressed first. This is in my opinion far easier then either of the other methods.

4. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Ohhh cool. I did this the other day on accident, but I couldn't figure out what I did. I didn't realize this was possible, can't wait to try it out, thanks!

5. Powersurge45

Powersurge45 Avatar

Have they added any recent combos? I was very underwhelmed at the result of the combo last i tried them as the combo was in some cases weaker than the single glyph by itself..

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

They haven't added combos (except those with Solar Flare a while back), BUT they have started updating/buffing some. As an example, Splintering Strike combo is one of the highest damaging skills/combos, Removes damage resistance from mobs AND gives the caster more earth attunement. These effects can stack a few times, and each spec of the corresponding Glyphs to create the combo you have, the more stacks you can get for these effects (up to 6 stacks IIRC).

Note, not all combos were updated, but a couple were and their effects are quite nice, and I hope they push these efforts more sooner than later.

7. Umire Moon

Umire Moon Avatar

is there a list of the combos some where and how to use them correctly ?

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

All the combos can be seen from you Deck Window.

Press Y to open the decks window, click the cog on one of your decks and click modify. From there, at the top of the left section where you can see a list of Glyphs, you will have the Combo Tab. You flan filter combos by Schools, but you need both schools selected.

For the best guide on how to create combos, I suggest watching This Video by Dr L, or Mimner in game. The entire Playlist is worth a watch even for those who consider themselves experienced, I thought I was and I still learned a bunch from that.

Basically, you need to use the dynamic deck system where glyphs show up as if you pulled them from a deck of cards, and then for a combo, you need to combine 2 different glyphs to create a new glyph, usually sharing the effects of the 2 parent glyphs, but often adding some new effects or reversing the effects. Many of these combos are very useful, others maybe a bit less.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.