Is the quest system updated yet?

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by DayOnePatch, Jun 2, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DayOnePatch

DayOnePatch Avatar

Have they done anything to they quest system? They said they would update it last year. Haven't played in a year or so.

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I believe they're using Ink now for new quests. I know that it's in-place for doing your own NPC dialogs (for player dungeons and such).

Time Lord likes this.
  3. DayOnePatch

DayOnePatch Avatar

Is it any better? I want to quest if I come back to the game.

Time Lord, Cordelayne and Barugon like this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There's only a couple new quests so far and I don't know if they're using Ink.

Time Lord and Cordelayne like this.
  5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

It sounds like they are still getting the systems online and working before they switch things to it. Ink is part of that, and dungeon spawners and other systems (volumes where they can enable/disable things, like talking, emotes, combat/pvp, etc). I can't tell if any actual quest is using new systems, but player dungeons, tournaments, and NPCs are.

Time Lord, Cordelayne and Anpu like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

They won't be rewriting any of the existing quests in Ink, only new quests.

Time Lord, Cordelayne and Anpu like this.
  7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Switch to using it for creating quests, not switching old quests to use the new system.

Although, I wouldn't say it's impossible.

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes it seems so vague. We were told the quest system would be improved with very little information. In my opinion a huge part of improving the quest system and the game is a much improved journal system. None of which has even been mentioned that I've heard. We do not have a knowledge system in place nor do we hear anything about one in the works.

Players will still come into this game not knowing what all is available to do and see. They will scour out of game video's and media for answers the game should provide and now in the midst of all this vagueness what do we hear oh yeah a new system is coming into place. Difficulty scaling.

It is all just too frustrating to watch sometimes. I am not saying new is not good but again over and over we see no or little attention to urgent things. I can barely watch anymore.

9. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

1. Existing quests were polished. Sannio did really good work to get bugs out.

2. New quests are working fine. No trouble.

If the new quest system is used by @Sannio? Only he can tell :)

Alot of people (especially people coming for storyline and old Ultima fans) would appreciate, if he would tell about the new system on a friday life stream.

What's the current time scedule? What's about the Journal overhaul?

I suppose, it is going hand in hand with the first new adventure scenes in the new lands of Mistrendur. Hoping, List also will tell about his work soon :)

We are expecting great scenes (List is doing really well) with good new quests by Sannio. Hopefully with new quest/journal system ...

10. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

A lot of new stuff has been coming in the last few months with UI changes now. not everything has been touched yet, but there has been a start to many new things including a journal search now.

Time Lord, Elgarion and Cordelayne like this.
  11. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Player made quests with star ratings available on the crier to be then sent to the journal FTW.

12. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

X10000

Cordelayne and Time Lord like this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I believe @Sannio recently said that since they have improved the original quest system so much, they're going to continue to use that quest system for their development and the Ink system will just be for player-made quests.

Anpu and Time Lord like this.
  14. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Here's a summary of some related points: Players can use Ink for their placeable NPCs, but we devs still use our original quest system. We've made lots of bug fixes and improvements (better dialog, new/improved journal text, new compass markers, etc.) to old quests over time and continue to do so every month. The journal has a new search feature. New quests have been added to every Episode 2 scene release so far, and occasionally new quests are added to older scenes, too. Most new quests include conversation choices and opportunities to affect one's virtue. Most Episode 2 quests track one's local "renown" which can sometimes unlock new quests.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.