Daily Quests - I have heard of them but ones do I want to do?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snowdog, Aug 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snowdog

Snowdog Avatar

I did some looking and was wondering what quests people do and why. My goal is to pick through them and see what I find fun and REWARDING (mostly rewarding).

Lately I have just been mining and its is getting boring but profitable.

Time Lord, Vaentorian and Winfield like this.
  2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

https://sotawiki.net/sota/Daily_Quests

This is a list of the daily quests you can do! The rewards aren't added to the page, so you might need to either ask around, or do the ones you can and see what happens.

They usually include adventurer and producer experience, gold and an artifact.

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Every single person playing this game has a completely different definition of "rewarding", so there is no information at all, anyone here could provide you with, nor any list.

For example: In speaking to one of the people who mainly PvP, I was asking them in Discord chat the other day if they do any of the daily quests. They basically replied with no. None of the daily quests are rewarding to them except for the daily coffin turn in quest in Spite for that potion.

But what you CAN do, is see that listing of Daily Quests (as well as the Daily Tasks and Repeatable Quests) and try them, and decide if any of those qualify under your definition of "rewarding".

For me, I do the Troll Toenails, Nibbles Bone and spirit wheel, Spectral Mines bones, Letters daily. Occasionally I do the Storehouse Containers daily but most of the time I just forget to do them.

Doing even that simple list, every day, that XP starts to just add up and up. And I'll just keep doing that.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  4. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

The only daily quest I do regularly is the Arcane Catalyst quest in the Sieges. Fair amount of XP (50K +), a little gold and a Shield of Attraction (for Ancient Essence). I have a large amount of the catalysts so I just run in, give the dude some and run out. Every once in a while I clear a couple of Sieges to re-supply. And with regard to getting boring... you are speaking to the choir. If you are mining then just keep mining the Crags and kill out the Liches too.

5. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Roleplay daily quests FTW.

Be creative!

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Could you give an example?

7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

1. Throw snowballs at an Arlia Resident.
    2. Promote @Coswald_Dirthmire 's OnlyFans while he is streaming.
    3. Call a tamer "Lazy".

Once all 3 are done! I treat Violet to a nice Lord British cake slice!

Vaentorian, Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  8. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I do the nibbled bone, spindelskog runestone, and bag of runestones quests in Spindelskog and Tanglemire. ~175K XP for relatively little effort. I know where to run to in Spindelskog, with back up locations if need be.

Anpu and Cordelayne like this.
  9. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

The Oracle quest is the easiest one obviously - just talk to her.
    The letters is the second-easiest IMHO especially once you figure out that once you have a bunch of every letter you can just go in and kill admiring imps until you find the fifth one.
    Troll Toenails is pretty easy and quick, and the trolls drop good treasure and often an artie.
    Spectral Mines Bones takes a few minutes but gives good gold, XP and a death ring
    Once you're high enough level to kill cabalists, the arcane catalyst daily is a good one because you not only get the XP and treasure for completing the quest, you also get the XP and treasure from killing all the ebon cultists and cabalists. Cultists occasionaly drop arties of rapid fire and sword of speed.

There was about a month where I did all of these quests every day for like 20 days in a row. Never really took more than an hour.

FBohler likes this.
  10. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

You don't even need to kill the cabalysts, kill all 18 sieges engineers, run out. Next time you join a siege, you can just drop the catalysts off.

Anpu likes this.
  11. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

For players not yet high enough level to take down the cabalists, 100% true. My point was that if you *are* able to take down cabalists, the daily quest becomes even better because after gathering the 18 catalyst pieces you can go get yourself an extra 500 gold, 30,000+XP (not sure the exact number a cabalist victory is worth but it's a lot, probably more than that), usually gems and sometimes even an artie on your way to dropping off the catalyst pieces for the scout's reward.

12. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

The Potions time and power quests.

Spite, and Necropolis Barrens, gives Elixir or Potency and Extension, as well gold and xp

FBohler and Violet Ronso like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.