1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Please let us trade entire recipe books by dropping them atop a character.

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Bridge Troll, Aug 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

We have to do something to ease the pain of trading recipes, why not start by asking for the moon...?

2. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

I think I should explain the mechanic because it may not be clear. I drop MY recipe book on YOU. The game looks thru my book and puts any recipes I have that you don't in your recipe book. If you dropped your book on my character, the game would flip through your recipes, giving me any that you have that I don't.

Limited to the tradeable/teachables.... I failed to say that too.

Thanks!

Tirrag, Wilfred, majoria70 and 5 others like this.
  3. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

If it needed to be batched in the background, maybe add an email listing what was learnt from who(m)? so that we could remember to send an appropriate note of appreciation.

Sorry - thinking tonight.

Wilfred, majoria70, Anpu and 2 others like this.
  4. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

It hurts.

Lazarus Long likes this.
  5. Warius

Warius Avatar

Great idea! Especially since one must not drop recipe onto another on the trade window, and therefore must open a new window every time it's full, it is anoyingly painfully boringly long! :(

Wilfred and majoria70 like this.
  6. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

We could definitely use something to help make recipe trading easier! If they didn't want to do the full book then I'd be ok with a teach all button at the at the table level so you had to click separately for carpentry, smelting, cooking, ect. And if even that makes it too easy at least there could be some way while doing a trade with someone to see which recipes that person already knew (similar to the purple text for whether we know a recipe). But we have so many recipes now (which is great!) that it just takes too long to go and trade them all to someone, especially if they probably already have 95% of them.

majoria70 likes this.
  7. sarafanknight

sarafanknight Avatar

I"m Dryden and I support this message.
    Dryden for president 2022

Warius likes this.
  8. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Excellent idea, and would be extremely useful for emotes as well.

that_shawn_guy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.