Base weapon skill

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Sep 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

According to the release notes, base weapon skill should be playing some part in special attacks.
    I don't know how it's now applied, but it honestly doesn't seem any different to me. Am I missing something? The tooltip for my Ranged Combat reads "+93.6% Damage". Is this what is supposed to be applied?

Vero likes this.
  2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Yeah, the base skills are suppose to effect the attacks glyphs but they weren't. So you would get the same exact damage from something like Thrust with 100 base blade skill as someone that has 160 base blade skill. That was fixed, so it should make a difference now.

Probably some sort of formula to figure out how much damage is applied to each attack.

3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Unless they decided to change the original formula, Sara mentioned that in the past, it would have been ( Base Weapon Innate + Skill lv ) / 2

4. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Since it's the average of both skills, can I assume that pre patch active skill at 100 will do the same damage as post patch active skill at 100 and base skill at 100 as in (100+100)*0.5?
    Or is it different because of detailed calculation?

I'm inclined to think this patch made it more grindy to get skills to do more damage as we need to level 2 skills rather than one to obtain similar results. Base skill is more of a liability if the math works like this.

Not that this affects me at all, as my Base skill is not lower than any of the active ones.

Barugon likes this.
  5. Curt

Curt Avatar

So now will +1 base skill improve you as much as +1 on all other active skills in the tree that you use.
    If you use more than one skill in the tree so is it better to improve base skill.

6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

This should be it!

Base skill still affects your auto-attacks, so Base skill is always good to train. In some cases, the the base skill costs less than the skills, so you can train that one higher than all the others and increase all of your skills result with this. This also means that the Base skill gems you can get from a few artifacts have now gained some value, because they now also affect the result of the active skills levels.

Base skill will raise your active skills by 0.5, so if you have 130 base skill and 110 active skill, your active skill should now act as the same active skill at 120 pre-update. This means that training the base skill has much more value because
    1. Auto attack damage increases
    2. You train ALL your active skills by training your base skill.

To give an example, to get your base skill and active skills all to lv.130, you need 190m experience
    If you train your base skill to 140, and your active skills to 120, giving you an average of 130 on each, you need 120m experience.

This results in 70m experience less for the same result at this level, which turns out to be a win!

FBohler likes this.
  7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Blades Imbued Gem of Bladed Combat +10 Bladed Combat Two-Handed Sword of Elf Slaying
    Bludgeon Imbued Gem of the Bludgeon Combat +10 Bludgeon Combat Two-handed Mace of Elemental Slaying
    Polearms Imbued Gem of Polearm Combat +10 Polearm Combat Halberd of the Sun
    Ranged Imbued Gem of Ranged Combat +10 Ranged Combat Crossbow of Accuracy

These 4 gems are the ones I mentioned gaining value, because they all now result in giving +10 to the base skill, but in the end also giving a +5 to each active skill, this is quite a good change and a slight change in power for those gems!

FBohler likes this.
  8. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

That's a cool way to see it. Now I'll have to put more thought on which skill to level first.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Thanks for the replies. I guess that's why I don't really see any difference.

FBohler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.