The Outlaws' Run

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Aug 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

After a few more visits to Outlaw's Run:
    - thanks for the map! Now I have a good idea where am I in the zone.
    - I love the scenery! The poppy fields are amazing. I also love the fact that the higher areas are quite accessible without powered-up jump skills.
    - the tree/shrub density doesn't really bother me.
    - I agree with what's being said about the piles of leaves. I got the clue about the cats, but still the only pile I found was at Squirrel Hill.
    - mob density is just right for me, although I would appreciate more spots where I can catch my breath/make a pitstop.
    - I was puzzled about the mob levels. Some are easy for me, like the outlaws and the animals. One of my favorite areas is the Kobold area: I can handle the spawn there if I'm careful, so their level is just right for me. But the elite skellies kick my ass and that has me puzzled a lot, because they should be easier than the kobolds. Perhaps I need to review my skills. The mushrooms are beyond me, but they're easy to avoid.
    - I'm also confused about the Kobold area: is there a puzzle there that can be solved? I haven't seen any hints in that direction.
    - The maze puzzle is of the type I don't like: lots of aimless running and backtracking. So I left that as is.
    - The area is not good for gathering, both because of the spawn rate and the scarcity of nodes, but that's not too important because there's plenty of other zones where the gathering is good.
    - All in all a very fun area, with some areas to avoid and some areas to do some intensive hunting.

Ysold.

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

There was a change to all skeletons to make them much tougher (I think because of a certain control point). But that changed effected all skeletons and made them even more powerful. Even one in a tier 3 scene can be dangerous.

If I’m remembering correctly. And I do agree with you. They seem way way more overpowered in comparison to the other outlaws and even the animals. The number of them appearing could possibly be turned down?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    Cordelayne, Ysold and Tahru like this.
  3. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

That is good to know. I thought it was just me.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The problem is that skeletons have high DR and DA, so you don't do much physical damage to them. They also move much faster than other mobs.

Ysold likes this.
  5. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Nope, me as well. I was chatting with @Alley Oop in game about this, thinking my blades weren't as useful as say, bludgeon, against them.

FBohler, Ysold and Tahru like this.
  6. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Those skeles can definitely be a pita for blades, I was struggling with my normal setup. Now Ive been using a high strength build with glancing blow jewelry when fighting them. I use a weapon with the Thrust & Double slash mw's on it and then fireflies & body slam to stay behind them. I can get some nice crits and kill them pretty fast doing that.

FBohler, Anpu, Cordelayne and 3 others like this.
  7. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Please make the cats killable. Thanks! There is too many and population control is out of control. :D

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    FBohler and Cordelayne like this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

High level skeletons are a great example where Blind would come in handy... if it wasn't useless against high level mobs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.