Can you please name each of the different types of Outlaws, instead of one Outlaw type

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Anpu, Aug 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

All 3 of the different types of Outlaws (Melee, Archer and Mage) in The Outlaws' Run all use the same generic Outlaw name. Can you rename each one to reflect the type of Outlaw that these creatures are? Like for example:

Outlaw Melee
    Outlaw Archer
    Outlaw Wizard

Bonus: Give them a name that reflects the scenes theme like Outlaw Melee to Outlaw Rustler, Outlaw Archer to Outlaw Caravan Sharpshooter etc....

Thank you! (This scene is TOTALLY awesome by the way)! :D

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I agree, not only is it simply nicer, but its also of great help for the Wiki. It is so hard to work on the wiki when multiple mobs have the same exact name!

3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Sounds good! I'll add custom names for the outlaws. Issue #69614

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Thank you for adding the different Outlaw names! But they aren't tied to the specific Type of creature? Like a Spellslinging Outlaw can be a Mage or an Archer? A Boorish Outlaw can be either a Melee, Mage or Archer?

Was like expecting a Spellslinging Outlaw to only be a Mage. Cunning Owtlaw to be an Archer (which they currently are). And Boorish Outlaw to me a Melee.

Elgarion, Violet Ronso and Time Lord like this.
  5. Sannio

Yes, the names should be "locked" to a specific NPC (Melee=Boorish, Cunning=archer, Spellslinging=mage, Rustic=commoner). I did find I messed up a couple of them and submitted a fix that should have gone in with a patch, but either it didn't get in or I missed a couple of other places. Did you have coordinates for the mismatched NPC? Doesn't have to be exact, just to get me in the ballpark so I can see if you're talking about the ones I tried to fix.

Time Lord, Elgarion, FrostII and 3 others like this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

@Sannio

Boorish Outlaw archer and melee
    Area: The Outlaws' Run (Mistrendur_R2_TheOutlawsRun) Loc: (-311.797, 43.132, -101.036) DBG: TWlzdHJlbmR1cl9SMl9UaGVPdXRsYXdzUnVufHwoLTMxMS43OTcsIDQzLjEzMiwgLTEwMS4wMzYpfCgwLCAwLjkwNywgMCwgLTAuNDIpfC0xNTcuNDk1NHw2Ni42NDIwOHwxOA==

Boorish Outlaw mage
    Area: The Outlaws' Run (Mistrendur_R2_TheOutlawsRun) Loc: (-320.625, 45.295, -25.222) DBG: TWlzdHJlbmR1cl9SMl9UaGVPdXRsYXdzUnVufHwoLTMyMC42MjUsIDQ1LjI5NSwgLTI1LjIyMil8KDAsIDAuODgsIDAsIC0wLjQ3NSl8MjQ2LjEyOTV8MzguNTIyfDE4

Spellslinging Outlaw Archer
    Area: The Outlaws' Run (Mistrendur_R2_TheOutlawsRun) Loc: (-293.847, 46.845, 58.683) DBG: TWlzdHJlbmR1cl9SMl9UaGVPdXRsYXdzUnVufHwoLTI5My44NDcsIDQ2Ljg0NSwgNTguNjgzKXwoMCwgLTAuMDgxLCAwLCAwLjk5Nyl8NDA1LjM3OTV8NDkuMDQ4MDF8MTg=

This work, or do you need more?

7. Sannio

I'm sure this is all I need. Thanks! I'll look into this ASAP.

Elgarion, Anpu and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.