Newb makes a friend

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by grandmaJOY, Sep 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grandmaJOY

grandmaJOY Avatar

I talk to many people as I travel around this new world, but I've never had one decide to join me! Recently I was talking to a finely dressed woman named Ariel and out of the blue she said she'd like to come along with me. She is lovely company but I do feel bad as I zoom around the world on my horse and poor Ariel must run to keep up.

While she looks to have read many chapters of The Book of Life, she keeps up rather well but I do wonder: is there a way to get a mount for her to ease my conscience?

And yes, more questions:

1. Is the Two-Handed Sword of Elf Slaying bugged? I upgraded it from Common to Uncommon, but there was no change to its stats, just the name.

2. I found a Sword of Speed yesterday which has "+1 Double Slash Attack Count Bonus". Does this mean it adds a third attack rather than the standard two?

3. When dual-wielding, do the buffs from both weapons apply to every attack/stack?

4. Can artifacts be used off-hand? In trying to equip the Sword of Speed, it won't equip off-hand but I can equip in my main hand (which is less than ideal).

I hope everyone had an amazing weekend and enjoyed all the store sales, and as always thank you for your help and advice.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    Beaumaris, Winfield and Tahru like this.
  2. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Curious, I thought you were playing in offline mode?

I think you can simply tame a horse and trade it with her or she can get one on the coto store. In online version, player vendors have them (usually pretty cheap).

I am not 100% on the stacking of weapons, so I will leave that one for someone else.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    grandmaJOY likes this.
  3. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

4. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

The +1 double slash does turn double slash into triple slash.

The masterwork bonuses on 1h items are on at all times, regardless of what hand the item is in or what hand is being used.

Some artifacts can go in off hand, and some can't. Some are off hand only.

I'm not sure about the elf sword. If the stats are all exactly the same on upgrade, maybe the hidden bonus increases.

FrostII likes this.
  5. grandmaJOY

grandmaJOY Avatar

Thank you, Tahru! I am indeed playing off-line. I haven't tried to trade with Ariel yet so I will see how that works. I tried to look at her "character sheet/stats" but couldn't figure that out.

6. grandmaJOY

grandmaJOY Avatar

Thank you, Lazlo! But what is this "hidden bonus" you speak of? Is there a way to discover what these intriguing additions are?:)

7. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I would be very surprised if companions had the ability to use a mount. I think offline mode has had very little attention since before mounts were added. But I can't say 100% as I have never tried offline mode. I'll have to try some day.

FBohler and grandmaJOY like this.
  8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

For the Two handed sword of Elf slaying, it gets a bonus damage to elves. As you tier it up, the bonus gets bigger.

For any other artifact inquiry, usually this Document should have most answers!

9. grandmaJOY

grandmaJOY Avatar

Ohhh, Violet that Document is amazing, thank you for sharing the link! I'm pretty terrible with spreadsheets, but this looks simple enough that I may be able to manage it:D

FrostII and Violet Ronso like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.