POT Upgrade by COTO sale is hard to find

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Tahru, Sep 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

During the last sale I went to check out the POT upgrade option by COTO and I never figured out how to do it. I could not find it in the COTO store, nor on the website or account page. I eventually gave up. I could have asked a dev how to do it, but I never got around to it. I probably don't need it anyway.

I am writing this only because if I could not find it, it is likely that others could not either, so that is a loss of potential revenue.

Elgarion, StarLord and Time Lord like this.
  2. simon1974

simon1974 Bug Hunter

You Will Nevers fond it. You need to mail support or elgarion with your inquiry.

Have your cotos ready in your inventory.
    They Will take them ans unlock the pot form on your account. Rewiew IT ans lock IT.

Then you Wait

3. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Ah ya, sorry COTO upgrades are a manual process in which I have to collect them from you. This is a pretty good guide for folks to consider for administering a POT. Feel free to ask questions etc in that thread and I can give it more lovin.

Tahru and Time Lord like this.
  4. Elgarion

That being said, I can ask Chris if he'll still honor the discount due to the difficulty, happy to check if you'd like to proceed :) Just let me know.

Tahru and Time Lord like this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Perhaps a note could be added to the pot purchase area of the store regarding upgrading. I have not checked there before posting. Also NPC limits are still very low but that's another subject.

Time Lord and Tahru like this.
  6. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all and @Tahru
    I have posted this a while ago and I think it still works but Elgarion would have to verify the procedure and if the price is accurate when there is a sale. Mine still says $699.00 to upgrade. Your price may vary due to sales that were going on at the time I did it.

Please note this is only for POT Upgrades with COTOs and only works if it is a size upgrade. If you want other changes like name, biome, or placement you will have to use a
    $25 (or $50) Player Owned Town Minor Work Request Voucher and possibly evict your residents.

So here is the way Chris explained it a long time ago.

1. go to you the add-on store page and login to the account that has the town on it and click on Account tab when logged in.
    2. On you account page go to the Town tab
    [​IMG]
    3. choose the POT to Upgrade and click "Upgrade"
    4. Make note of the price in $$ that it cost to upgrade In my case it will cost $699.00 to upgrade from a Crossroads Size to a Town Size.
    [​IMG]
    5. COTO conversion according to Elgarion is $1.00 is equal to 100 COTOs so put that many of COTOs in bank of the account that owns the POT.
    6. Email support@portalarium.com and tell them the Account name (Not the Avatars name) and that you want to upgrade your POT named "XXX" and that "xxx" number of COTOs have been placed in that characters Bank.

They will then confirm your email request and take the COTOs out of your account and your POT will be (Probably) be upgraded on the next patch. I have done this a couple of times and unless they have changed it it works fine. Each time mine was done in the next patch.

Time Lord and Tahru like this.
  7. Elgarion

I'll try to get some POT info love on the account page for POTs which will help folks if considering the COTO option as well as a link to the POT FAQ there as well. Shouldn't take too long, just gotta get some help from Mr. Tas :)

majoria70, Time Lord and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.