1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Need More Info] Cape is invisible in Character sheet

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by Violet Ronso, Sep 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

09/09/2021 12:28
    Title: Cape is invisible in Character Sheet
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details: Equip cape (Tested with Wings reshaped as a Heraldry Cape and Front Clasp Cloak reshaped as a Viking Cloak and Worn Cloak with no patterns. Wings show just fine, but capes/cloaks don't)
    Steps to Reproduce: Wear cloak, look at Avatar in Character sheet, cape/cloak doesnt show. Cape/Cloak visible on the Character in game.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5700HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz (8) System RAM: 12199
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M GPU RAM: 3032
    SotA.Win.64.1437.Date.08.31.21
    Area: POT_grassland_metropolis_01a_template/Arlia
    Area Display Name: Arlia
    Loc: (130.1, 36.9, -287.9)
    Debug: UE9UX2dyYXNzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYV90ZW1wbGF0ZXxBcmxpYXwoMTMwLjA4OSwgMzYuODU5LCAtMjg3LjkyNyl8KDAsIDAuNTc0LCAwLCAwLjgxOSl8NzkyLjA0M3w0My4xMDQxMnw1LjgxNDE4Mg==

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Violet Ronso, perhaps it is interacting poorly with something else you are wearing?

3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

So I've done a few extra tests, and for some reason, this is the only machine on which it is doing it for me. Last night on my gaming PC I could see my cape over the same equipment as during my bug report, yet this morning on my laptop I can't see the cape anymore... Seems to be hardware or settings related but I can't see which settings would do this.

4. Alley Oop

i can't think of a setting that would do that either, and specs look reasonable, if those specs are the laptop that's doing it. check your used RAM the next time it happens?

5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

RAM at 75%, and it does it 100% of the time no matter what I wear, as long as its a cape on the backslot, it's invisible. And yes, the specs are the laptops

6. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Which cloak? Might be specific

7. Alley Oop

i tested with

8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Tested with Wings reshaped as a Heraldry Cape
    Front Clasp Cloak reshaped as a Viking Cloak
    Worn Cloak with no patterns

Seems to be related to my machine, because with the same gear, on my other computer, everything looks fine.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.