1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Livestock Farming

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Ingvar Harrigrata, Sep 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ingvar Harrigrata

Ingvar Harrigrata Avatar

The offer is a new profession, Livestock Farming, extension of Agriculture.

It is the breeding of fish, oysters, insects and other creatures in aquariums or terrariums.
    An aquarium / terrarium for Livestock Farming is similar to a planting bed for Agriculture, but instead glass cells inside which are grown creatures.

[​IMG]
    Fish, oysters and water bait - aquariums with water, are seeded with fish or oyster eggs. Aquariums for growing bait are seeded with bait.
    Fish eggs can be obtained with some chance from fishing, butchering raw fish, or purchased from a fishing vendor. Fish eggs can also be used as bait.
    [​IMG]
    Instead of watering, you need to feed the fish (oyster or bait) with Universal Compound Feed.
    When collecting grown fish, can get a farmed fish, and, with some chance, fish eggs.
    Harvesting oysters produces black pearls and, with some chance, oyster eggs.
    When collecting ripe baits, you get a lot of water baits.

[​IMG]
    Beetles, grasshoppers, spiders and worms - dry terrariums, seeded with beetle or spider eggs. Terrarium for growing worms or grasshoppers is seeded with this baits.
    Spider eggs with some chance can be obtained by field dressing killed spiders, and also can be purchased from a pet vendor.
    Beetles eggs with some chance can be obtained from foraging wild cotton or purchased from a pet vendor.
    Everyone knows where are found worms and grasshoppers.
    [​IMG]
    Beetles, spiders and bait also need to be feed with Universal Compound Feed.
    When collecting grown spiders, can get a web, and, with some chance, spider eggs.
    When collecting grown baits (grasshopper or worms), can receive a lot of bait.
    When collecting grown beetles, can get a beetle carapace, and, with some chance, beetle eggs.

Universal Compound Feed - made at a cooking station, universal feed for Livestock Farming.
    Recipe: 1 piece of meat + 1 piece of fish + 1 vegetable component + 1 vein + 1 entrails + 1 animal bone = 6 potions of compound feed.
    The recipe can be purchased from a cooking vendor.

[​IMG]
    Fire elementals - hardened glass terrariums. Seeded with fire elemental pollen.
    Pollen can be obtained by looting killed fire elementals, lava elementals, or obsidian golems, or purchased from an alchemist. Also, with some probability, pollen can be obtained from mining brimstone deposit or sulfurus ash deposit. Also, with some probability, pollen can be obtained by fishing in lava.
    Instead of watering, fire elementals should be feed with Mineral Compound Feed.
    [​IMG]
    Collecting fire elementals yields sulfurus ash, and, with some chance, fire elemental pollen.

Mineral Compound Feed - made at an alchemic station.
    Recipe: 15 elemental sand + 15 gem fragment = 3 potions of Mineral Compound Feed.
    The recipe can be purchased from an alchemist vendor.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  2. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

This is a very cool and interesting idea (except for raising spiders, unless we can carry an insecticide in our backpack).
    I think the idea and the work you have taken to develop it is great. Lots of likes from me.

Time Lord and Mal Hari like this.
  3. Mal Hari

Mal Hari Avatar

I like aquariums.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. StymieLLTS

StymieLLTS Avatar

While this is an interesting idea, I see little actual value in any of it.
    What is the point of raising Spiders? The only thing they are good for is Spider Silk and Venom Sacs and you can get plenty of both by hunting and killing them.
    Raising Worms and Hoppers...I got more than I can use just by looting Buckets of Worms and harvesting Cotton Plants.
    Being able to Farm other baits is also a bad idea in that it would destroy the whole concept of having Uncommon, Scarce, and Rare Baits.
    Raising Beetles...the Carapace is suppose to be an uncommon item and being able to raise and harvest it would destroy it's value.
    Finally Oysters...this has been requested for years. And while we all know the Dev Team has considered it, it's still a bad idea for the one fact that it's one of the only True Gold Sinks in the game.

Mal Hari and Time Lord like this.
  5. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I like the concept behind the idea. Sure the devs can use it without sacrificing rarity and gold sinks.

6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Of course I like these ideas because I like all ideas, even wrong ideas that will never make it into the game. One just never knows what will of won't ever make it into the game from player ideas because some ideas can work with the developer's ideas, while other not so good ideas can cause our developers to have even better ideas along the same lines, or just inspired other ideas because they saw the ideas of players just like these.

Just Remember what Jiminy Cricket Always Says...
    [​IMG]

Fish Bait, Bug Bitten, Bug Bites and Nasty Things...
    One look inside an elephant grass field here in Thailand can yield many different bugs and baits, and maybe some of those bugs bite which may harm one's str or dex or intel for a week or two. I'd like to see a bit of risk to the harvesters as well as the wild field gatherers whenever I hear of adding more bugs. I do think we need more, but we also need harmful ones to introduce risk, into everything in game we do.
    ~Time Lord~

*You have been bitten by the Looloo Fly, which packs bite that's quite a loo-loo. Your str,dex and intel has dropped by 5% for one ingame week while also causing you to do the loo-loo dance at the most innapropriate times.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  7. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

Love to have a farming simulation like feeding chicken, cow, sheep, etc.. for their meat or product like eggs, milk, etc... :)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  8. Omnedon

Omnedon Avatar

Imagine if you will, a pre-sized fenced in area (like a greenhouse). for this example I'll use a chicken. You have your pen set up. go kill chickens to collect chicken essences. create a chicken totem. place on your animal pen. chicken appears (random color). you have to put wheat grain in feed, and make sure trough has water. keep it up! chicken will grow a little. and lays a few eggs everyday. There's a small chance one will be a golden egg! can sell for an amount of gold.. You can also choose to kill the chicken to get an amount of chicken carcass depending on size. But, if you keep care of that chicken perfectly for a set amount of time, you can choose to make it into a placeable pet. the rarer the color the more valuable! possibly have it that when the chicken is killed or turned into a pet, a new totem has to be made.

larger animals require larger pens.
    dogs/ wolves could fetch random items
    cows could occasionally give sour milk for a nauseous potion or tradable poo
    horses could give golden horseshoes.. either become a pet or mount
    so many possibilities!!
    own that purple pig or hot pink wyvern!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.