2nd character and negative virtues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lilith Ayin, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

I would like to create a 2nd character on my account and I would like him to have a dark role, death magic, fire, darkness ... and get the black shroud. I have some questions about this.

To get the black shroud, I must have negative virtues but I have read in an old thread and on the 2nd character purchase page that all characters on the same account share the same virtue value. Does this mean that if my current character has positive virtues, my new character cannot have negative virtues? Can't I have a "good" character and a "bad" character?

The shroud is the reward for finishing the main quest. I have also read that doing missions, especially the main mission, increases virtues. How can I get the black shroud, if doing the mission to get it makes my virtues positive? Or maybe if I've already done the main quest with my current character I can't do it or get the black shroud with my 2nd character?

What actions should I take to have my negative virtues? In the same thread I read that I should lie about my name, wake up the NPCs, kill vigilantes, steal ...

Is there any way to know what level my strengths are?

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

I believe you are correct re alts (unless something has changed recently).

One point though - why do they need to be on your existing account - a second account is free to set up and bypasses these issues.

Final point - stealing from NPCs will generate -ve virtues for sure :)

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Do you just want to start lowering your virtue with your current account? That you can start doing right now. And there is several ways to do that.

If you do want to get a 2nd character on the same account, you will need to do the main quest with the new character, and that will raise your virtues up a bit. But there's several quests the new character can do to lower their virtue (and to help keep it lower). Like kill Lord Harcourt Drumplemouth and get his key. Poison the elves in Blood River Outskirts.

There is also the new Crown Store item Virtue Recalibration kit. This can help you raise, or lower each of the 3 virtues (Love, Truth and Courage).

Also, to quickly see how your virtues are at currently, look at your shroud. If you have + Strength, + Dexterity and + Int, then your virtues are positive.

Lilith Ayin likes this.
  4. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

But will the virtues of the two characters go down or only the character who misbehaves?

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

They will share the same virtue, if they are on the same account. You can raise or lower virtue, but ALL characters on the same account will have the same virtue.

The ONLY way to have 1 character with high virtue and then one character with low virtue, is to create a new account. THAT's the only way (And a new account is FREE! Also you get the lot deeds too!) ;)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    Violet Ronso likes this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Do you want to keep your current character virtue? I'll assume your current characters virtue is high (white shroud).

Or do you want to start lowering your current characters virtue?

7. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Well, thank you both.
    My intention was to have a "bad" character and a "good" character in the same account, for the convenience of not changing accounts every time I want to change characters, and for sharing a house, containers and bank without the need to give permissions. The black shroud was just a whim, I'll stick with the "white" virtues.
    Regarding death magic, after reading Ysold's thread, I think I will lean towards another type of magic, I don't think I have the patience to specialize in death, which leads me to ask some questions in another thread.
    Thank you both very much for your answers :)

Anpu and Scanphor like this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

When you switch avatars on the same account, everything associated with that account switches name too. For instance, lot owner, POT owner, guild leader, friends list, etc., so it's best to use a separate account.

Scanphor and Anpu like this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah you might actually consider making a new account. Yes it will be a hassle to switch between them but you might actually find it interesting and refreshing to basically start over.

Do note, you can add the new character account permission on your lots and chests. You can also mail them gold and other items.

There’s also another very good learning benefit for having a second account. You can actually test the permission system to see how it works. Knowing this system is very helpful for POT Governor as well as people letting others stay on lots.

Bonus: Your new account gets the 2 free lot deeds

10. Powersurge45

Powersurge45 Avatar

This intrigues me...i never knew we could make an "evil" character and therefore get negative virtue versions? Can anyone link the items that will result from such negative virtue?

FBohler likes this.
  11. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

This cost gold. What I found works best is to give the 2nd character lot permissions and put a container on the lot to use for trading between them.

Anpu likes this.
  12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yes, if you would like to be an "evil" character, you can start lowering your virtues by: Killing Fauns (- Courage), go to a NPC town with a Tavernkeeper, tell them about your day and Lie (-Truth), and speak to a Beggar but don't give them any gold (-Love).

The Dark/Light Sylvan Daggers and Spears have stats based on your virtue.
    Also the Shroud now has different stats on them based off of your virtue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.