Armor Weak Points

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by FBohler, Sep 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

After leveling the Armor Weak Points skill (145 to 150), I didn't notice any change regarding Physical Crit in my "Show more" character sheet.
    Is it expectable to not get even 0.1% change in this skill level range, or may it be a bug?

Thanks in advance!

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Maybe a bug?

FBohler and Time Lord like this.
  3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Given the amount of xp's it takes to get an innate to 150 - it better be a bug.

FBohler and Time Lord like this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Is it possibly capped?

FrostII, Time Lord and FBohler like this.
  5. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Well, maybe five levels will yield only a negligible effect.
    After relogging later, I noticed a very subtle increase in the crit chance Stat, but I'm not sure if it's my DEX fluctuating as function of different buffs and Moon Worship.

Can someone test this in single player or QA?

Or even better, an official word from devs :rolleyes:

FrostII and Time Lord like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

At 130, it's 8.1%, which should give you an idea of how little it provides. That amount is supposed to be added directly to the weapon's base critical chance though.

[edit] 5 skill levels should provide an extra 0.325%.

FrostII, FBohler, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
  7. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

We all know feelings may deceive us, but I feel I'm getting more crits on high level scenes. Maybe it's an implicit bonus related to crit chance mitigation by the target, or maybe the "show more" tab is faulty?

@Sannio @Chris @Elgarion @DavidDC

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

usually in the higher numbers the curve vs xp is a lot longer. meaning that it takes a huge amount of xp to get just .1 of a skill. that said it really depends on the person and what they want end game to determine if that .1 is worth the effort. I can tell you with many of my skills 140-150 that some of the big ones I pump into take almost half a billion for a %... is it worth it... for me end game yeah, but there are usually other skills that can better help me up front to get that xp faster than just pumping the few. thats how I look at it. how can I kill things faster or more efficiently.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Could be Moon Worship related. depending on the time of day your dex will go up at night but down in day. that is enough to change the %.

Time Lord and FBohler like this.
  10. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I tend to level skills 10 levels at a time. I get my most DPS effective skills 10 levels up first, then I go to the less effective ones. I usually don't leave any useful skills more than 15 levels behind my top skill. Let's face it, every level above 160 takes multiple levels in the 120's, so even if the skills lagging behind are way worse in translating to DPS, I dump some fraction of the big picture XP on them to keep them close to the top ones. That's the case with Armor Weak Points. Probably not leveling it this year again.

Time Lord and Xee like this.
  11. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Please correct me if I am wrong. Halberds have a 6% critical. I think that the 8.1% is a percent of that 6% or ( .081 *.06)+.06 . This calculates to .06486 which converts to 6.06486%. It's possible that this rounds to 6% for weapon display. I have always been under the assumption that the best return for Crit chance is increasing Dexterity. Every 10 dexterity should increase crit chance 1%. This "assumption" is based on a formula I saw long ago and have applied to my character planning ever since. Note the weapon crit chance is shown as a %. But actual crit chance is the weapon crit chance plus the modifiers which include dexterity and masterwork. ln the case of these two, masterwork is a % of the weapon crit %, whereas the dexterity is additive after the weapon crit is applied.

Forgive me if I present this in a incomprehensible manner, but what's new around here?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    FBohler likes this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There are two different modifiers. Those that read "Weapon Critical Chance" are multiplied by your base critical chance, those that read "Weapon Critical Modifier" (Armor Weak Points and Vital Points are the only ones that I know of) are added to your base critical chance.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    FBohler and Aldo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.