Recommendations for a new area

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by grandmaJOY, Sep 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grandmaJOY

grandmaJOY Avatar

I've grown tired of fighting undead and animals. Since I play Offline (therefore no PVP to worry about), I discovered Dysborg Ruins (5+) and have quite enjoyed all the cultists and kobolds. However, I've run so many circles around the ruins this week that I believe I've created a permanent running path, devoid of vegetation. As an ecologically-minded adventurer, it is time to move on.

I would appreciate some recommendations of additional areas (Levels 3-6) with humanoids; bonus points if they are above-ground!

2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

I like Savrenoc Stronghold there's a couple of nice loops in there for gathering and even a virtue quest. Watch for the trees though. :)

The wiki is good for finding scenes by difficulty. https://sotawiki.net/sota/Tier_5_Scenes.

Side Note: PVP is not bad here. Ransom is off at the moment and even when it's on, it's not too expensive. Come join us.

Sentinel2, Time Lord and grandmaJOY like this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Time Lord and that_shawn_guy like this.
  4. grandmaJOY

grandmaJOY Avatar

Sounds perfect, thank you! I'll be visiting today...if you never hear from me again, then the Stronghold probably won:D

I have tried the wiki, but simply having a level is not enough info. Earlier this week and today, I jotted down some likely sounding areas and they all had undead and animals:( I'm getting so bored I'm now running down bandits in Novia just to fight some humans, even if they all have wolves!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    FBohler, Time Lord and that_shawn_guy like this.
  5. grandmaJOY

grandmaJOY Avatar

Thank you Alley. Though I am not a puzzler (I am terrible at them and have little to no patience) I will check it out!

FBohler, Time Lord and that_shawn_guy like this.
  6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

For Humanoids, a nice T4-5 set of areas is the foothills, they usually have ebon cultists, elves or bandits all around. These were my go to back then!

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

A lot of of us don't pvp. This is not a pvp game per se'. You have to flag for it at the Oracle. No one can attack you if you're not flagged pvp. So nothing to worry about. Most areas are not pvp. You would get a notice before entering those that say something like: its pvp enter? Or do no not enter? I don't pvp in the game and I don't flag.

If you ever come online and are looking for a quiet place to live I am managing Steward of a town called Wizards Rest behind Owlshead in the Hidden Vale map and all are welcome to visit or place lots.

There are many wonderful towns and great online players in this game who would be happy to welcome you as well. Anyway just in case you didn't know.

edited to add clarity. I hope ;) that is.

@grandmaJOY

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  8. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

My favorite scene when I was at the tier 5 range was Crag Foothills. Lots of elves and undead patrolling around with a nice circuit to run if you can clean the scene, with an elven camp and a massive undead spawn on top of a rocky hill.
    If the Crag Foothills offers too much challenge, I would suggest the North Brightbone Woods, where you can find cultists scattered around and can chop a good amount of maple trees as well if you're after wood.

majoria70 and grandmaJOY like this.
  9. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Some of my favorite areas:
    Twins Foothills for gathering and bandits. Here is also the entrance to the best silver mine in the game. The mine is not very dungeony, so I'm at ease there too :)
    East Vauban Foothills: varying mobs and Ebon cultists and a puzzle for a buff.
    Upper Tears: barbarians and more barbarians. Also nice for gathering. The further you get in, the harder the mobs. Just avoid the area underneath the waterfall.
    Greymark Forest: Elves & Kobolds & Reapers
    North Varisalla Foothills: Satyrs & Kobolds
    If you really want some nice adventurer xp, try the naughty brats-area in East Sanctus Forest. They're hard for magic users, since they steal focus, but fine for melee fighters and easy for tamers.
    South Boundless Forest, you can do a daily quest here and a normal quest. There's barbarians and Kobolds.
    Sequanna Colossus: lots of different mobs and an easy jumping puzzle to get to the statue and spawn waves of elementals. Nice loot!

Ysold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.