Buying armor from Crown Store

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by grandmaJOY, Sep 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grandmaJOY

grandmaJOY Avatar

I've been stewing in crafting hell for days, so I'm throwing in the towel and again asking for advice. During my days of running in circles and getting nowhere I found a discussion of buying armor from Store being a good and easy choice. SOLD! Unless of course, this is old info and no longer true, or they only meant from a cosmetic standpoint, or. or. or...:D

After looking at the armor on Store, here are my initial questions.

1. First of course is the Crown Store armor only for cosmetics? If so, end of questions. If not, then:

2. Armor didn't seem to have any stats on it -- like Str/Dex etc. -- is that something you get a menu for and can choose what you want?

3. If you can't choose what you want, then I'll need a recommendation on a set of: plate, chain and leather for a Bladed melee looking for STR/Dex, lower fizzle and damage avoidance (I will get a set of each and mix and match accordingly).

4. Does the armor level with you? The discussion I was reading seemed to imply that but it wasn't stated directly.

I play off-line and have plenty of Crowns and gold - and no patience for crafting. I have made a set of armor and now am looking to upgrade. If I can upgrade without crafting it shall be a joyous day indeed.

As always, I appreciate all of you who take the time to read newb posts.

FrostII likes this.
  2. jrs99

jrs99 Bug Hunter

It's only for cosmetic.
    Mostly you will salvage the store bought armor and apply the eternal patterns to crafted armors in game

3. grandmaJOY

grandmaJOY Avatar

Ok thank you for the info! I shall endeavor not to lose my temper at the *7#@!!%&* crafting tables:oops::oops::oops:

4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Most stats on gear come from masterworking and enchanting items after crafting them. You get some stats on the base gear depending on what materials you use, but most will come from the stuff you do after making it. I think @Coswald_Dirthmire did some videos that covered crafting, but I don't have a link.

Also, I don't believe you can masterwork or enchant store gear. The upside is, store gear doesn't lose major durability, so it can always be repaired fully.

Also also, you might search the wiki for info on the Truth/Love/Courage armors, since you play offline. They can be picked up as quest rewards, and have some stats on them. That might help you until you get a better handle on crafting your own, since buying from other players isn't an option. Crafted gear will (mostly) always surpass store gear and dropped gear.

grandmaJOY, Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  5. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

If you discover how to do that, please share

grandmaJOY, Anpu and FrostII like this.
  6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

You, my dear, are FAR from alone in this regard. :mad:

grandmaJOY likes this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You don't have to salvage it. You can do like me and see how much you can accomplish in crappy crown store gear. :D

Time Lord and grandmaJOY like this.
  8. grandmaJOY

grandmaJOY Avatar

You know, that's not a bad idea! If my enchanting ends up eating the armor that has made me lose my temper, I could just buy some Store stuff and see how it goes. Bonus: I won't feel like so much of a hoarder if I have something to spend all this gold on;)

Time Lord, FrostII and Barugon like this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I consider it a matter of personal pride that I can kill dragons in crown store gear.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    Time Lord, FrostII, Anpu and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.