Worth Playing Single Player?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fain, Oct 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fain

Fain Avatar

Hey all,

Haven’t played the game in ages and wanted to see if it was worth it to dive into the single player experience. Can you finish the storyline? How does it compare to other cRPGs that are out now (encased, pathfinder 2, etc)?

thank you for your time!

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Any reason you don’t want to try the online game? That’s much more enjoyable.

FBohler, Time Lord and that_shawn_guy like this.
  3. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

The single player is not bad and yes you can complete the ep1 story in single both solo or with companions(npc's you get along the way to help). that said the online side is pretty much the same but with other people living in the world.

FBohler and Time Lord like this.
  4. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

I started off by playing single player, and had a great time. I eventually started meeting people in the community and moved over to online play (and very glad I did) but there are still folks who stick with single player and have a blast.

There are increased drop rates in offline mode, NPC companions to lend a hand through the quests, and other compensations so a lack of groups or markets to buy player crafted goods won't hold you back.

5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Unless you're looking to collect and play with the NPC companions in offline mode, online "private" mode I think is better than offline.
    It's just one of the options in the multiplayer online option settings.
    ~Time Lord~:)

FBohler likes this.
  6. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I think online is best, if you ever face a problem ask for help in the Universal chat and a lot of people will try to help you.

7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

If you are not interested in a multi-player game, this game is very possible in Offline. First off, things are balanced for a lone player, monsters are easier than online, and looting/gathering is GREATLY increased. There are companions that can join you on your adventures. Meanwhile the story was made to play alone anyways, so what you are missing out is player interactions and trading!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.