Pet characteristics

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Ysold, Oct 10, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Hi folks,

Normally I hunt with a Razorback Destoyer, but he's a bit of a nuisance when I'm gathering, because he's so large and gets in the way of the nodes. So I often gather with a normal Razorback and that's fine, although he takes more time killing a mob. So I tried a Legendary Crocodile and that's good, because he's strong and doesn't get it the way, but he sucks at taunting. So I get interrupted a lot more and I have a harder time to get mobs off me.
    When I check pet characteristics there's no difference in the taunt power of my pets; it shows just the value derived from my skill. But I still think there's a natural difference between pet types. Can you folks confirm that?
    If yes, what do you think is the best pet type for a gatherer?

Thanks,
    Ysold.

FBohler likes this.
  2. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

There are definitely differences in the pets that don't show in the numbers we are given. I'm not sure if any pet is great at keeping you protected while gathering because somehow I think chopping a tree or mining a node generates more aggro than anything else in game :) I usually use the croc because he is able to kill things in one chomp and he is my default pet, but another good one to try is any of the ferocious arachnids. They seem to be more aggressive than other pets and they move very fast. Plus they can sometimes web a mob that is headed towards you even if they don't keep the aggro themselves.

FBohler, FrostII and Ysold like this.
  3. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

One issue is the follow always changes to Close whenever you change zones. I use the pig destroyer also at defensive and try to remember to switch it back to follow far.
    vj

4. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Ill give a look at both taunt problem not showing itself and that close thing not saving that ive heard a couple time already

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.