1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Royal Purple Dye - Make it teachable

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Warius, Oct 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warius

Warius Avatar

I don't think it makes any sense for the Royal Elderberry to be a tradable item when one can't be teach how to make the dye from it.

Any chance you'll make the recipe teachable?

Thanks!

2. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

https://sotawiki.net/sota/Immortal_Adventurer_(Founder)

https://sotawiki.net/sota/Royal_Elderberry

This item is a Pledge Reward
    As noted in BOTH Links.

Royal Elderberry seed - Planting the Royal Elderberry seed will yield a Royal Elderberry which is necessary for crafting the unique, Royal Purple Founder's Dye. There will be no other source, ever, for creating the Royal Purple Founder's Dye.

Elderberry is tradable but only those who got the original recipe may use it.
    There will be no other source, ever, for creating the Royal Purple Founder's Dye.

3. Warius

Warius Avatar

I know, but still, having a elderberry bush without the ability to craft something from it is kinda pointless, so why make the plan tradable so? I don't think it would be the loss of a great privilege to those who backed the game in my opinion.

4. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I think the reason they made the elderberry seed tradeable was so you could give someone the dye, they can use it then give you back the seed that you get from using the dye, instead of making you always trade whatever item you wanted to dye, which might be no-trade on its own.

FrostII, Sean Silverfoot and Anpu like this.
  5. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Do you have an Elder Bush?
    [​IMG]

Or a ROYAL Elderberry Bush?
    [​IMG]

I gotta ask.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Warius

Warius Avatar

I have both! :D
    But I was talking about the royal, the one you can make a dye from the fruit.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It was never intended to be tradable, but people were able to transfer the plant to others by placing it as a decoration. There was also an issue where the plant would produce two seeds, allowing people to duplicate the reward. Since that cat was out of the bag, the only way they could keep it's reward status was to eliminate the recipe and only allow those who actually had the pledge to have the recipe in their book.

FBohler, Anpu, Warius and 3 others like this.
  8. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Yes thank you for explaining it. I knew something weird happened but I couldn't remember the details!

FrostII and Barugon like this.
  9. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Actually that's not completely true. The recipe was tradable too, so if someone didn't use it, you could buy it.

10. Pifester

Pifester Bug Hunter

Recipe is tradeable, I have one fastened to my workstation. Actually got it as mob loot - so someone way back when accidentally sold it to the npc's

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

That's quite the find! I bet you'd be hard pressed to find one for sale now (much less as mob loot).

Pifester likes this.
  12. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

O.O

I found someone who (probably) missed a zero in putting it up on their vendor... but vendor trashing it? Wow!

13. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

At any rate, I'd be happy to make you the dye and trade it for the berry and a nominal fee.

14. Warius

Warius Avatar

Okay, thank you all for answers. That still feels a bit weird to have the bush and not the ability to make the dye, but honestly I don't have much use of the dye, I bought the seed for deco.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.