1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fix Needs Testing 69761] Virtue Recalibration kit

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by pr0gress, Oct 9, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pr0gress

pr0gress Avatar

Hello ill try ti use it on me to make low truth an courage sooo
    before manipilations i have
    [​IMG]

after use -truth and - courage
    [​IMG]

soooooo in dialog "skilled" hacker say i low bla bla truth to lower it and i got positiv numbers

all the same for truth and courage... and looks like i have old version of kit, one of it. npc dosent see it. in inventory unlocked ... dont now why he cant track it.
    (C)
    [19:22] Greedy Gress: truth
    [19:22] Skilled Hacker: Oracle tracks your Truth actions. I have seen your score. Is a moderate negative number. SKRRR'K! As expected, human. I'll change it to a low negative score if you want.

[19:22] Greedy Gress: [Give Kit] Change my score.
    [19:22] Skilled Hacker: One moment while I hack the Oracle's data tapes... done. If you need me to do any more work of this type, I'll need a day to recover.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    Proudfoot Underhill likes this.
  2. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

You can only 'hack' one of your virtues per day, I think that is what you are noticing?
    Try going back to the Skilled Hacker tomorrow ?

3. pr0gress

pr0gress Avatar

its after 2 days yesterday courage today truth

4. Echondas

That makes sense - you did courage yesterday, and truth today. Tomorrow, you should be able to do another. I *think* the timer resets daily at Midnight UTC

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The daily quest reset time is currently at 7:00 PM Central Time.

6. pr0gress

pr0gress Avatar

but he say * I'll change it to a low negative score if you want.* thats a MAIN problem i need lower stats not rise it. soooo wher is my negative stats ^_^ ill try be Evil ^_^

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

My understanding is he will only lower it to moderate low. But will not raise it any lower. But his text states he will lower it?

8. pr0gress

pr0gress Avatar

[19:22] Greedy Gress: truth
    [19:22] Skilled Hacker: Oracle tracks your Truth actions. I have seen your score. Is a moderate negative number. SKRRR'K! As expected, human. I'll change it to a low negative score if you want.

<Here 3 variants>
    1)Tell the truth ^ Skilled Hacker: Truth is not something many humans understand, but the Oracle secretly tracks this virtue anyway. If you bring me a virtue recalibration kit, I'll recalibrate her secret tally.
    2) Give Kit
    3) leave

[19:22] Greedy Gress: [Give Kit] Change my score. <
    [19:22] Skilled Hacker: One moment while I hack the Oracle's data tapes... done. If you need me to do any more work of this type, I'll need a day to recover.

[19:23] Greedy Gress: Goodbye
    [19:23] Skilled Hacker: Tell no one, human! Y'RRK!

[19:23] Hacked Watcher: <oracle_wan: connecting>
    [19:24] Skilled Hacker: Speak, human. K'RKK! My investigation of the Oracle awaits!

chat log

so what i undestend wrong ? He say i lower your truth.... and grow it higher :'( lier

Anpu likes this.
  9. pr0gress

pr0gress Avatar

with +6 dex all ok after use recalibtation its low to +3.3
    [​IMG]
    (-01 str i get from killing hacked in k'rul)

(C) from logs
    [17:05] Skilled Hacker: SKRRR'K!
    [17:05] Greedy Gress: recalibration kit
    [17:05] Skilled Hacker: With extreme skill, I can access the Oracle's data tapes and use a virtue recalibration kit to edit her data. HRR'K! Bring me a kit and I can edit YOUR virtue data: Truth, Love, and Courage.

[17:05] Greedy Gress: love
    [17:05] Skilled Hacker: Oracle scores your Love actions and I have seen the score. Is a moderate positive number. HR'RRRRRK! Mildly surprising, human. I'll change it to a low positive score if you want.

[17:05] Hacked Watcher: <avatar: reporting cowardly responses>
    [17:06] Greedy Gress: [Give Kit] Change my score.
    [17:06] Skilled Hacker: One moment while I hack the Oracle's data tapes... done. If you need me to do any more work of this type, I'll need a day to recover.

[17:06] Greedy Gress: Goodbye
    [17:06] Skilled Hacker: Stay out of our way, human! SKR'RRRRK!

10. pr0gress

pr0gress Avatar

what stats is on max low virtue version ? 0 0 0 ? is shroud change in some patch?

11. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

The hacker does not increase a negative virtue score to be a greater negative score. He reduces the score, bringing it closer to zero. However, he can never being any virtue score exactly to zero. I'll review his text and try to make this more clear. Issue #69761

Anpu and Echondas like this.
  12. Sannio

There's only one version of the kit. He should be able to see it. The only reason I can think of for why your kit will not work is because he already changed your virtue in the last day.

Echondas likes this.
  13. Echondas

Thanks @Sannio for looking into this!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    Sannio and Alley Oop like this.
  14. pr0gress

pr0gress Avatar

Soooo the best way to low all virtue is killing unicorns .... rec virtue kit mmmm meh... mb need some changes for that item? for what others must buy it from shop and have a headache with 24 hr waiting and questionable result? i buy 6 used 3 and think others will be buried in my bank.

just a hour +- to find and kill unicorns

[​IMG]

and mb someon need this

-courage : Killing Fauns (Bazaar) also if you wake up npcs from bed. killing kids on Tenebris Harbor ( mb wrong virtue, mb it - to love)
    -love : talk with beggar and do not give a coin( 1ns per day )
    -truth : Steal items (red arrow on targeting) same good in Bazaar

or just find and kill Light Unicorns !!!

15. Sannio

There are some other activities you could do to reduce virtue scores. For example...

You could go to Ulfheim and make sure you do one of the side activities before you reach the finale. The default benefit in the finale is +Courage, but if you poison all three cooking pots then it would instead be -Courage. Instead, breaking all three wolf-carving totems would be -Love, and destroying all three pottery jars would be -Truth.

A small way to change virtue is to lie to NPCs and tell them a wrong name for yourself.

There are some other ways that I bet other players could share.

pr0gress and Anpu like this.
  16. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Fix Needs Testing 1498

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.