Scene Maps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Umire Moon, Oct 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Umire Moon

Umire Moon Avatar

Why do some scenes have Maps and others don't , I figure the game as old as this all the maps would be there by now . is it a render thing with my computer ??

FBohler likes this.
  2. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

Maps have a long and storied history. Originally, there was never intended to be a mini-map system and instead players could use the in-game map items. These maps were stylized to give a rough impression of what was in the scene and sometimes were intentionally incomplete.

Early on, a player developed the SotAMap system on an external website that was used pretty heavily by the player base. Eventually, the company purchased the system from the player and integrated it into the game. Unfortunately, there were some latency issues due to connecting to the external server and there were some issues overlaying other data over the map (location, properties, etc.).

The decision was made to scrap that system and start fresh. The focus was on making sure all EP2 scenes had maps and then go back to EP1 scenes. There is a backlog of maps to create and new ones roll out from time to time when they can be fit it into schedule.

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

And if I am recalling what Ravalox mentioned, maps will be worked on in Q1 if 2022. The full map system I believe.

Daigoji Gai likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.