Thoughts on Level Capping The Brave Coast (Poll)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jrs99, Oct 28, 2021.

?

What are your thoughts on level Capping The Brave Coast?

1. Yes! I would be more inclined to particpate in PvP Fishing and other PvP Events if BC had Level Cap

54.5%
  2. No, I still would not participate

18.2%
  3. Leave The Brave Coast as is!

27.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrs99

jrs99 Bug Hunter

First off, thank you so much for letting us drop fishing instantly now when attacked by other player!

That was a huge drawback!

So now that we've fixed that issue, what do you guys think about a level cap in The Brave Coast?

I have a feeling most non-pvpers would be happy with this change but I don't want to ruin TBC for the PvP crowd either.

Please vote and post your thoughts...

2. Lained

Lained Avatar

Level cap adventure skills? I'll only be dying so *shugrs*, cap crafting i.e. fishing? I'd probably fish elsewhere, that reminded me to check Verdantis Shardfall and it's crafting is still capped (forestry). :(

jrs99 likes this.
  3. jrs99

jrs99 Bug Hunter

just ADV skills.
    They already fixed it so you don't lose crafting skill levels in capped PvP zones.
    This is strictly about capping ADV Skills

Time Lord likes this.
  4. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

My opinion as a non PVP player that has participated in 1 event.

Why not have a traveling PVP fishing contest in zones af various levels? If a zone is already a place where PVPers play why change it?

Personally I would expect to die often in any PVP zone if the drop fishing rod is instant now that is a big plus and makes me consider trying this more often :)

vj

FBohler likes this.
  5. jrs99

jrs99 Bug Hunter

I tried traveling PvP Fishing contests, it didn't work out well. I gave up on trying to run down PvP POT gov's.
    I've had a much better time by running contests out of Brave Coast full time.

Other zones... If I can dock a city sized boat in any of the NPC PvP zones... i'd be down for it.
    Blood Bay is doable but with only 2 lava spots... it's shooting fishers in a barrel.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
    Time Lord likes this.
  6. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I don't think capping levels will do anything to attract non PvPers.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  7. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

Blood Bay was a blood bath for sure. And I can see where getting in touch with a gov could be difficult. I have gone into some PvP pots recently to do vendor search and the majority of them seem dead.
    Are there any PRT's that are PvP?
    Also how difficult is it to set a POT as PvP? Is there any kind of GM potion that does it? And how low of a skill cap do you think is fair? 100, 80 or 60 maybe?
    I wonder how many gov's might be up for a limited time switch to PvP?

vj

8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the brave coast!

nope, it'd require sannio to switch it and build it into the next patch, which would mean a service ticket.

vulcanjedi likes this.
  9. jrs99

jrs99 Bug Hunter

I have run PvP contests in non PvP POT but requires the Gov or Steward present to boot those who don't flag right away from town.
    It's a little bit of a pain in the ***

That's why I'm perma docked in the Brave Coast :D

Capping skills at 100 would work.

You are right about some but there's others that might be more inclined to try it if there wasn't such a skills gap.
    I have been getting younger players giving pvp fishing a shot lately. If skills capped at 100... they might at least stand a chance and not get 1-shot :p

Time Lord and FBohler like this.
  10. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

PvP is the kind of thing that some people just don't want to get involved with.
    The removal of ransom did little to nothing at attracting new folks to PvP. I only see the same old PvPers.
    The level capped scenes didn't attract many new PvPers as far as I'm aware.

It would be cool to test it out nonetheless.

Time Lord likes this.
  11. queenbee

queenbee Avatar

I think the rewards are attracting people to PVP fish. New people are showing up at these contests. Capping the skills might encourage them to actually fight rather than finding some remote place to hide and hoping they won't be discovered.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

For whatever my two cents are worth, with the new value on high level artifacts I'd not go to PvP zones anymore if ransom were still in. As someone who only PvPs for the fun of it it's not worth having to pull all that stuff out of my inventory over just having fun in PvE/Crafting/etc.

13. queenbee

queenbee Avatar

Implementing certain things regarding PVP should be put into selective zones rather than universal. For instance, implementing ransom would work in The Fall, but not in Brave Coast. Whereas I think a skill cap would work well in Brave Coast but obviously not in The Fall.

But right now, I see no PVPers except those in fishing contests. The PVPers I'm friends with have moved on to other games until PVP is improved in Shroud.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. redfish

redfish Avatar

Nah.

As PvP is designed in the game, PvP and fishing together is like mixing peanut butter and chocolate. Some might like it, but I'd just keep them separate. Its not appealing to me no matter what level caps or loot restrictions or other mitigation there are on the design.

I'd probably like a game where I could go out on the sea to find a catch, run into pirates, the pirates give me a choice whether to hand over my fish and live, or die, and I make that choice. That's role-playing.

Having someone attack me for no reason while I'm trying to fish? I just find that annoying. Things like rewards? Pointless unless its the only way to get something and that something isn't totally useless like an emote.

I think until the devs realize that non-PvPers just find the PvP design just plain annoying you're not getting anywhere towards attracting many non-PvPers to PvP.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  15. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I think there's enough evidence to establish that players like The Brave Coast fishing contest enough to dedicate that area to this player made event.
    It doesn't matter what we, me think about PvP, it's the event which has caused The Brave Coast to be a very special destination, a destination with only one thing that made it special which is the PvP fishing contest.

Without the contest, The Brave Coast is nothing "and a skill cap would help that contest's cometitiveness".
    The fishing contest is literally written in the name, "The Brave Coast" o_O so what could be more fitting?

[​IMG]

It's a great idea!
    ~Time Lord~

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  16. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

Way to go Time Lord. You are correct.

Adam Crow, jrs99 and Time Lord like this.
  17. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I can say that I'm more prone to PvP without ransom as well, but I believe both of us are borderline case exceptions, hence Revenant's long thread claiming the change didn't attract as much players and asking for the return of ransom.

The regular player will need a very good incentive to get into PvP. That's why the PvP fishing contests are so popular. You get to combine those who want blood with those who want prizes for fishing.

Time Lord and jrs99 like this.
  18. queenbee

queenbee Avatar

Ransom = reward/consequence. They removed the reward/consequence without replacing it with another. Therefore, many of the PVPers have left the building.

PVP fishing attracts non pvpers because of the chance to win something without the fear of losing their shorts on items.

FBohler and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.