1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

MISMATCHED LOT SIZE: Please allow players to restore mismatched lot size homes and their contents (n

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Bridge Troll, Nov 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

Title may be a little confusing, but I am an ENTP and my brain won't stop bugging me if it sees a possible solution that hasn't been discussed.... so....

I saw a discussion that was roughly framed, and written that is now closed for discussion, properly I think. Anyhow, in that thread the original poster (OP) wanted to be able to restore a saved home to a different sized lot. I thought it was handled well as presented, but at its core there was a wish that was missed. I am asking that now, just to give it a chance.

If I save my village home and then purchase a larger lot. Let's say I won a town lot in a raffle. If I wish, I would like to be able to restore my village home on the property.

I suspect that the exterior is the scary part. Would it be possible to pop up a message saying that because it is a mismatch, the exterior will go to the bank, while home and contents will be restored to the new lot?

I understand that this may leave out people that decorated a ring of stones village home, but as a player these seem to be good compromises?

Is this possible?

2. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

I believe that the exterior could also be kept, only that there would be empty space around the decoration placed.
    I have no intention of changing my lot, but it has happened to me on occasion that I have not been able to unpack my village-size house in a city-size lot.
    But I think about it from my gamer's mind, maybe in terms of programming it is not as easy as it seems.

Paladin Michael and Elgarion like this.
  3. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

I just had to waste the deco of an entire Keep lot since it was not possible to be restored on a Castle lot. Hurt especially with the wall pieces and all the inhouse deco.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  4. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Everything is possible in terms of programming ;)
    It's just a question of priority and time ...

I believe, this problem will be solved sooner as the promised Quest Book overhaul years ago ...

I am with all above and would enjoy to have the possibility to transfer houses between different lots (if the house size fits with the lot size) :)

Well, Christmas is the time for wishes ...

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
    Lilith Ayin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.